PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a certain type of beer "koozie"....

Navy Chief
September 27th, 2010, 17:16
I had not even looked for one for many years. Didn't think it would be a problem to find, but apparently it is!

Years ago, I used to have a couple of "koozies" that looked similar to this one I found on Ebay, but different color:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/940koozie1.jpg

but apparently almost everything available now is this cheap type, which are (in my opinion, garbage):

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/196flat_koozie.jpg

What I've found is that some companies do offer the type I want, but I'd have to buy a lot of them.

So am wondering if anyone out there might have one or two? Thanks. NC

luckydog
September 27th, 2010, 19:31
Yeppir.......those are the best !! One of my favorites was shaped like the head of a big-mouth bass and looked very realistic. You slid your beer into its open mouth.

I'll keep my eyes open for ya........

LD

Navy Chief
September 27th, 2010, 19:38
Yeppir.......those are the best !! One of my favorites was shaped like the head of a big-mouth bass and looked very realistic. You slid your beer into its open mouth.

I'll keep my eyes open for ya........

LD

Thanks!

Pete

Snuffy
September 28th, 2010, 07:57
Sorry the title was truncated ... said you was looking for a new beer ... I was going to ask if you've tried Bear Whiz Beer yet ... ;)

Navy Chief
September 28th, 2010, 08:04
Sorry the title was truncated ... said you was looking for a new beer ... I was going to ask if you've tried Bear Whiz Beer yet ... ;)

Where I live, I am lucky to find Miller and Budweiser.

NC

Bjoern
September 28th, 2010, 09:10
What do you need those for?

Navy Chief
September 28th, 2010, 09:43

If you mean Budweiser or Miller, I don't. I am referring to the few choices of beer offered in this area.

If you mean the "koozies"......then, it's to hold the beer I drink WHEN I can find it to buy!

OleBoy
September 28th, 2010, 09:47
Hehehe,

My beer doesn't have time to get dressed when I drink :ernae:

Navy Chief
September 28th, 2010, 10:35
Hehehe,

My beer doesn't have time to get dressed when I drink :ernae:

Neither does mine. I just like to put it in a holder!

Bjoern
September 28th, 2010, 11:08
If you mean the "koozies"......then, it's to hold the beer I drink WHEN I can find it to buy!

O-kay?

strega13
September 28th, 2010, 11:39
they are basicaly built so that it will prevent the transfer of heat from your hand to the can or the bottle so , to slow down the warming process involved in holding it . i suspect it is also made to have have a better grip on the can bottle which seem necessary for some people after after a few beers too many :icon_lol:

luckydog
September 28th, 2010, 12:15

Keeps the beer cold for a longer time........

Navy Chief
September 28th, 2010, 12:22

And THAT is always a good thing!

Bjoern
September 29th, 2010, 13:03
they are basicaly built so that it will prevent the transfer of heat from your hand to the can or the bottle so , to slow down the warming process involved in holding it . i suspect it is also made to have have a better grip on the can bottle which seem necessary for some people after after a few beers too many :icon_lol:

There's things out there...

The trick is to either not drink ice cold beer (bad for the tummy) or drink it fast enough so that is doesn't warm up. ;P

Navy Chief
September 29th, 2010, 13:28
These days it doesn't matter what the temp of the beer is, it's gonna hurt my stomach. But I get to the point where I don't care; I am going to have some beer!!!!!!!!!!

Bjoern
September 30th, 2010, 11:03
I had one yesterday after reading this thread. :d

yank51
September 30th, 2010, 13:14
Saw some of them for sale today at a "Dicks Sporting Goods" store. They were for a specific college, Clemson if memory serves me, but I'm sure they come in all various colors and college markings. Can't figure why they had a Clemson one in a store in central GA and not a Bulldogs one though...:isadizzy:

Navy Chief
September 30th, 2010, 13:22
Saw some of them for sale today at a "Dicks Sporting Goods" store. They were for a specific college, Clemson if memory serves me, but I'm sure they come in all various colors and college markings. Can't figure why they had a Clemson one in a store in central GA and not a Bulldogs one though...:isadizzy:

Wish I hadn't gotten rid of the one I DID have, years ago. I had quit drinking all alcohol for many years. I don't have the problems associated with that particular time period in my life, so am once again enjoying beer occasionally. But I miss that can holder!