PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some special scenery

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 09:03
Not for sure what the technical term is,but looking for some military support objects for FSX . Its the stuff like a portable APU etc..I have seen this stuff on bases and movies its yellow,green or air force blue . I would like it yellow . The only thing I found on a search was at (I think ) flyaway downloads. I don't have a membership,and its a paid site . Any help would be great.

falcon409
September 27th, 2010, 09:15
Do a search for MCDesigns on flightsim.com. . .Michael did an excellent package that contains some of what you're looking for. . .also, there are two additional packages of scenery objects. . .one done in yellow, the other in the more recent blue and OD green. . .don't have the zipfile names right off but I'll do a quick look-see and if I come up with those before someone else answers, I'll post em.:salute:

falcon409
September 27th, 2010, 09:19
Ok, here's the link to the blue and OD green set, by John Stinstrom. . .
http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-17018.html
:salute:
Once you download that, do a search (upper right corner of the page) for jgse_j3.zip. . .that's the file for the yellow versions of all those objects.

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 10:03
Thanks a million...

Navy Chief
September 27th, 2010, 12:10
Ah yes. Portable APUs. "Huffers". We used two different models, depending on airflow needed. The GTC-85 was used for A-4s, A-7s, etc...., and the GTC-105, I remember, was used for the Phantom..... This, I remember, from days at Pax River.

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 12:46
Just to let you guys know . I found and downloaded them . Even installed .Very cool stuff. Even has a dolly with missels on it, this by all was a great find .

Thanks again falcon409 .

FYI> You keep comming to mt rescue. Would you possibly be interested in a thank you gift?

I have a DVD (very cool ) in a book type case about US Navy Carriers.Its older F-14,F-18 abc,and I think even got some A-7 footage .I don'watch it anymore.Its yours,I will even pay for shipping if in the USA.

Meshman
September 27th, 2010, 14:33
Would you possibly be interested in a thank you gift?

...I will even pay for shipping if in the USA.

Falcon isn't in the U.S. He lives in Texas... :bump:

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 15:29
Falcon isn't in the U.S. He lives in Texas... :bump:
COOL...So do I.

Roadburner440
September 27th, 2010, 15:46
While I have no experience with huffers.. I am sure you would be looking for NC-8/10, and -108 power carts, tow tractors, NAN carts, and things of that nature. I have been looking for stuff like this myself to add to sceneries. Good to hear some people are making them.. Will have to go check that out.

falcon409
September 27th, 2010, 16:25
COOL...So do I.
Yep, lol, until about 3 years ago I lived in Ft Worth also. . .on the east side right where 820 and 30 intersect. . .the apartments on the NW corner.

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 16:44
Yep, lol, until about 3 years ago I lived in Ft Worth also. . .on the east side right where 820 and 30 intersect. . .the apartments on the NW corner.

I think thats the wood heaven area .

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 16:48
While I have no experience with huffers.. I am sure you would be looking for NC-8/10, and -108 power carts, tow tractors, NAN carts, and things of that nature. I have been looking for stuff like this myself to add to sceneries. Good to hear some people are making them.. Will have to go check that out.

I have been working on Carswell AFB for a long time now . The airport stuff just didn't look right .

Theres some of those lifts they use to put bombs on planes to .

I usually download a airport and then cannibalize the scenery objects .

XLR8
September 27th, 2010, 16:50
I should have asked this earlier,but forgot . Will fs9 scenery (airports) work in FSX .