PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good way to die...not!

rayrey10
September 26th, 2010, 08:23
Darwinism at its best!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-dania-canal-drowning-20100926,0,3829856.story?track=rss

OBIO
September 26th, 2010, 08:47
Witnesses called 911, but no mention of anyone jumping into the water to pull his drunk butt out.

CADFather
September 26th, 2010, 08:49
I'm not making light of his unfortunate demise, but "A man's got to know his limitations."

stansdds
September 26th, 2010, 09:05
I certainly wouldn't jump into a canal in Florida. Alligators and now crocodiles are quite common in the waterways and swamps of southern Florida. Of course, alcohol can make a person do things they otherwise would not dream of doing.

brad kaste
September 26th, 2010, 09:29
....Unfortunately,....this gentleman wasn't the first,...nor will he be the last,....to make a bet (or no bet) while intoxicated and swim around a brief time before drowning. I heard of a young man meeting a similar fate a few years back. Drunk,...jumped into ice cold water,....tried to make it to a swimmer's raft off shore,....but sank. His body was recovered the next day
As the ol' saying goes..."Friends shouldn't allow friends to drive if drunk"....applies also to swimmers who try to prove something to others and or to themselves,...with fatal consequences.

TARPSBird
September 26th, 2010, 10:56
SWI - swimming while intoxicated. :frown:
I've always wondered what makes drunks think that (a) they're suddenly Olympic swimmers, or (b) a railroad track is a good place to take a nap.

b52bob
September 26th, 2010, 14:50
Usually the last words ever muttered...."watch this!"

Willy
September 26th, 2010, 15:34
Witnesses called 911, but no mention of anyone jumping into the water to pull his drunk butt out.

Jabrina McNeal, 25, King's neice, said another neice, Loretta Lee, 28, went into the water after Jordan disappeared, in what proved to be a futile attempt to find him.

Beings as it was past 2 am, probably contributed to her not finding him.

n4gix
September 26th, 2010, 15:36

Huh?

Jabrina McNeal, 25, King's neice, said another neice, Loretta Lee, 28, went into the water after Jordan disappeared, in what proved to be a futile attempt to find him.

Apparently Loretta Lee at least tried to find him. Oh, she "went into the water." She wasn't "jumping into the water..." :173go1:

rayrey10
September 26th, 2010, 17:19
Usually the last words ever muttered...."watch this!"

Yeah, that will get ya every time!

Bjoern
September 27th, 2010, 11:15
And I was thinking this thread was about that Segway boss who fell off a cliff...

Bushpounder
September 27th, 2010, 14:27
20 years of South Florida was enough for me. It seemed like this was a common thing when I was there. It was always dumb or dumber.

Don

glh
June 7th, 2013, 19:51
You cannot fix stupid.