PDA

View Full Version : Hamlin is a Fool

EasyEd
September 25th, 2010, 15:14
Hey All,

I'm in the points lead and so I think I'll just PIZZ-off the entire RCR racing organization. What an idiot. Wanna bet on how much room he gets over the next 9 races or how much drafting help he gets from RCR at Talledega? I guess the other possibility is he might get a lot more help than he wants.

The following are some clips from two Sprint Cup news articles at NASCAR.com.

"I'm not too discouraged with what we ended up with [at New Hampshire]," Hamlin said of his runner-up finish behind Bowyer. "But I know we were the fastest legal car."

Hamlin virtually accused the entire Childress organization of operating questionably.
"The more they reel the other [RCR] teams in, the better off our team's going to be," Hamlin said. "It's going to affect the No. 29 [Kevin Harvick], the No. 31 [Jeff Burton] and the No. 33 [Bowyer]. I think the only difference is the No. 33 won the race so he went to the tech center.

And Childress, trying his best to stay on the high road, fired the last shots as he defended his organization's 40-year legacy in the sport and his stunning comeback this season in which RCR went from no cars in the 2009 Chase to having all three teams competing for the 2010 title.
"I don't think it puts a cloud over it because we haven't been out of the box -- this is the first time that they've said we were out of the box," Childress said. "Everybody gets close to the lines. No matter what the tolerance of the engine is supposed to be -- 358 [cubic inches], you're at 357.9.
"I'm proud of our team and I'm going to walk just as high -- I ain't going to take a step out of the way for nobody, and I'm going to look anybody in the eye because I know what we did. I know what we've done to get us here, and we haven't cheated to get here.

A day later

What had merely been a war of words between Denny Hamlin and the Richard Childress Racing organization spilled onto the race track Saturday when RCR driver Kevin Harvick appeared to deliberately wreck Hamlin as Cup Series practice began. Harvick's No. 29 Chevrolet appeared to clip Hamlin's No. 11 Toyota from behind and then cut Hamlin off as a 45-minute practice at the one-mile track got under way. The incident sent both cars to the garage area, where their stalls were located right next to each other and the drivers subsequently exchanged heated words and had to be separated by Cup Series director John Darby.

After Saturday's incident, Childress made thinly veiled references to Harvick applying a little payback to Hamlin on the track.
"When you're talking about comments, you can't win a pissing match with a skunk," Childress said in obvious reference to Hamlin. "There are two things I've learned. One thing is that. The other is that you don't throw stones if you live in a glass house."
Asked for specifics of what happened between the two cars on the track, Childress replied: "I didn't see it. I can't comment on it."
Told there was considerable damage to Hamlin's right rear, Childress grinned and replied: "I don't know if he backed into Kevin or not."

Harvick declined comment until after finishing fifth in Saturday's Nationwide Series race, and even then said very little before cutting off questions. Asked what it said about RCR that one driver stuck up for another, he said only, "[We're] a tight-knit group, always have been." And when asked if he was concerned about any damage that might have been done to his car, he smiled and replied, "[The] car is just as fast [as it was before the incident]."
Childress said he was not worried about the repairs that had to be made to Harvick's car, either.
"Nah. Kevin went back out and he was fast, so we're going to be good," Childress said. "I didn't see what happened. I wasn't on top of the truck at the time. But we're all a good, tight-knit group and, well, you know. I made my two comments.
"I didn't see the whole thing, you know, but like I said earlier you can't win a pissing contest with a skunk. ... We're here to win races. That's all we're here for."

Then Hamlin fired yet another verbal parting shot across the bow of the RCR organization.
"I think I have the right to give my opinion -- and when you look at the two teams, and you look at the history of wrongdoing and penalties, the two teams, when they are compared side-by-side, our integrity speaks for itself," Hamlin said. "I think everyone at our team knows we're trying to do things the right way, and so be it."Just keep it up Hamlin... and I saw him in the early laps at Loudon hitting Jimmie in the left rear on the straight.

Picking a fight with Richard Childress does it get any dumber than that?

-Ed-

Cazzie
September 26th, 2010, 08:58
Hey All,

I'm in the points lead and so I think I'll just PIZZ-off the entire RCR racing organization. What an idiot. Wanna bet on how much room he gets over the next 9 races or how much drafting help he gets from RCR at Talledega? I guess the other possibility is he might get a lot more help than he wants.

The following are some clips from two Sprint Cup news articles at NASCAR.com.

Just keep it up Hamlin... and I saw him in the early laps at Loudon hitting Jimmie in the left rear on the straight.

Picking a fight with Richard Childress does it get any dumber than that?

-Ed-

Denny don't need no RCR car in his way, and yes he will give as much as he takes. I like Bowyer and Burton, but Kevin Harvick is a prick of the first order, he cannot even get along with his own pit crew. Jimmie got no more from Denny then he has rendered to Denny Ed. That's Denny, hit me, I'll hit you back harder, that's old school, I like that. Kyle Busch has that kind of gusto, they are not purple dinosaurs named Barney singing "I love you, you love me.........."

Caz

EasyEd
September 26th, 2010, 09:23
Hey All,

Caz The basic issue is simple. Why would a driver trying to win a championship want to antagonize half the other drivers racing for the same championship? If that isn't a definition of dumb what is?

He's setting himself up to fail and say it was RCRs/Jimmie's fault.

I've said before bump and run is fine when well done like Keselowski does it but Denny was hitting Jimmie in the first 10 laps - what is up with that? Late in the race trying for the win fine I've no problem with that but in the first 10 laps your just ticking people off. The other thing is Brad does not ever shoot his mouth off like Denny - make an effort to see how well and respectfully spoken he actually is.

I admit my favorite owner in NASCAR has always been Richard Childress with the Wood brothers second so I don't like seeing somebody slam a man like Richard.

If only Childress ran Dodge and Jimmie and Chad drove for him - my loyalties would all be in one place.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2010, 09:39
If only Childress ran Dodge and Jimmie and Chad drove for him - my loyalties would all be in one place.

-Ed-

Dodge is THE supreme underdog (Go Kurt Busch!) & hence why you won't see that in the near future ;)

Cazzie
September 26th, 2010, 12:29
Told'ja EasyEd, the chicken was on neutral for the 48 car. I knew they owned that track, Knaus won the race in the pits and they had the car all day.

But the ju-ju worked on the 29 car. The chicken was never meant for Clint, who had a terrible day, nor Jeff Burton, who had a tremendous day. And Denny did what he had to do at a track he never does well at.

And P., yo man, da udder Busch drove his arse off to a great finish. Kyle didn't do that bad, top ten finish was good for him. That last 100 laps, he just lost the handling. Logano was a pearl today too, with JGR having three in the top ten.

Congrats Ed, yo driver and yo team won this day, all day! :medals:

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2010, 13:04
Definitely was a great performance by the #48 team and Jimmie Johnson...:ernae:
That being said...In the current group of Chase contenders, I think I'll root for the one true underdog, Kurt Busch and his Penske Dodge team :)

EasyEd
September 26th, 2010, 13:04
Hey All,

Yes the drive for five is still alive. :wiggle: Jimmy does that alot - bad race then win the next one.

As for Hamlin - Looks like he got "talked to"...

J.D. Gibbs, team president for Joe Gibbs Racing, said prior to Sunday's AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway that he has no problem with his drivers speaking their minds. But he did admit that one of them, Denny Hamlin, may have gotten a little carried away this weekend with his pointed criticism of Richard Childress Racing. What had been merely a verbal feud between Hamlin and RCR spilled over to the race track when RCR driver Kevin Harvick bumped Hamlin from behind as the two exited pit road to begin the first of two Cup practices on Saturday.
<!--endclickprintexclude--> "We've had this conversation with Denny. In the future, you don't have to be a different person. Say what you want to say and how you want to say it; just use good judgment," Gibbs said following Sunday's pre-race drivers' meeting at Dover.
"He was trying to defend the team and in the process kind of called them out a little bit. ... I get that, but let somebody else do that. I think looking back now, he probably wishes he could have taken some of that back and not made that the issue."
I think JD simply said "Knock it off Denny or I'll have dad come talk to you." The question will be does Denny understand the part where JD said "...just use good judgment..." Today he drove smart got a good finish and his post race interview showed that he got the message - today anyway. Now he's got to keep it up and he'll have a good shot at a title.

Of the 3 Gibbs drivers I like Logano the best -quiet unassuming and getting better - nice to see him finally get a good finish.

As for Kyle he's matured alot. I wonder if he might actually beat Richard's record of over 200 wins - he's got like 90 or a bit more now across all 3 series. Wouldn't it be something if he beat Richard's record and never won a Cup title.

Go 48 at Kansas!

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2010, 13:19
As for Hamlin - Looks like he got "talked to"...

-Ed-

Looks like there's an unspoken 'code of honor' amongst the owners....
Anyways, Gibbs a master at cooling down tempers...He did it with "Smoke", "Rowdy", and I suppose Hamlin is next....

stansdds
September 27th, 2010, 01:56
This is at least twice this year that Denny has opened his mouth and created quite a stir. At least this time NASCAR didn't penalize him, but the kid needs to learn when to speak and when to shut up. Maybe he's just feeling cocky because he is occupying the number one position in points, but that can disappear quickly. He needs to be careful both on and off the track, play smartly, not with a smart mouth. Jimmy Johnson is now in the number two spot and only 35 points behind Hamlin with 8 races to go.

Kyle Busch has matured greatly this year. He seems to be more about the big picture than just running wide open until he wrecks himself or others.