PDA

View Full Version : New website for CFS3 BoB

BeauBrummie
September 25th, 2010, 11:47
After a quick chat to Clive I'm making a micro site of only few pages to introduce this new add-on to all. Eventually it may host mods that are made for it. The base install will stay where it is, but can easily host the smaller mods for any who want to put some stuff up. We thought it a good idea to have a home for BoB, time will tell to see how it develops. SOH will still be the place to discuss ideas etc.

What I need is some screenies for show and tell lol! You can either post them here or give me permission if you've already posted on t'other threads if you wouldn't mind.

Like the add-on it's self I am open to suggestions for the site but like CFS3BoB simple and slowly is best.

It's not up yet, as I'm waiting for some prose from Clive.

Cheers All

chriseponymous
September 25th, 2010, 15:30
Sounds like a great idea to me. As I have mentioned in another thread this new install has inspired me to create some new airfield layouts (with Clive's assistance) and it would be a great way to share them when they are ready! :jump:

Pat Pattle
September 26th, 2010, 07:39
Hi Jeff, here's a few for you.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_London_Dorniers.jpg

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_Hawkinge.jpg

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_Hawkinge_dispersal.jpg

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_Hurricanepatrol.jpg

chriseponymous
September 26th, 2010, 09:18
Love the updated version of Hawkinge Clive, unfortunately the new hangars dont show up in my install.

chriseponymous
September 26th, 2010, 11:05
A few from me..

BeauBrummie
September 26th, 2010, 13:26
Thanks chaps these are great.

Pat Pattle
September 26th, 2010, 22:09
Love the updated version of Hawkinge Clive, unfortunately the new hangars dont show up in my install.

Yes, some numpty left them out of the installer, amongst other things :redf:. I've not seen a version of Hawkinge in any sim that has those hangars, I only found out about them when I bought the Roy Humphfries book. They were destroyed in August 1940 and quickly removed.

HouseHobbit
September 26th, 2010, 22:36
BRAVO... BOB deserves a site.. BRAVO..:salute:

Thanks Beau, and THANKS Very Much Pat for this..

I am rejoicing that this is going so very well..
BRAVO to All.. That are working on this together..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

chriseponymous
September 27th, 2010, 03:23
Yes, some numpty left them out of the installer, amongst other things :redf:Ah well none of us our a perfect and it just means there is something else to look forward to! There was an issue of Flypast a few months back that had an article on the ill fated Defiant squadron. Amongst the images was a view of Hawkinge showing the hangars. I had first thought perhaps they had got the wrong airfield as I didnt realise they had been there.

Pat Pattle
September 27th, 2010, 04:29
Ah well none of us our a perfect and it just means there is something else to look forward to! There was an issue of Flypast a few months back that had an article on the ill fated Defiant squadron. Amongst the images was a view of Hawkinge showing the hangars. I had first thought perhaps they had got the wrong airfield as I didnt realise they had been there.

Do you still have the issue Chris?? Any chance of scanning it and letting me see it pretty please :)

flashgordon
September 27th, 2010, 06:21
Hi Clive

Attached is a pre-war pic of the Hawkinge Tech site from my airfield database. The 1943 plan I have shows just the hangar bases remaining.

ps congrats on the BoB install - one of these days I will take some time off to do some flying.

Gordon

chriseponymous
September 27th, 2010, 09:37
I still have the issue (I think I have a few years worth of old copies in a cupboard!). I have scanned the whole article and sent to your email, but here is the picture for now. Is it the same one as in the book?19989

Pat Pattle
September 27th, 2010, 10:33
Bl**dy marvellous Chris, thankyou :) Thats the best photo I've seen showing the 'other' hangars.
There's another I have which appears in a few books and is titled 'Hurricanes taking off from Gravesend' and it's not, it's Hawkinge with these hangars in the background.

It was worth getting out of bed today. :icon_lol:

Old Tiger
September 28th, 2010, 05:49
After a quick chat to Clive I'm making a micro site of only few pages to introduce this new add-on to all. Eventually it may host mods that are made for it. The base install will stay where it is, but can easily host the smaller mods for any who want to put some stuff up. We thought it a good idea to have a home for BoB, time will tell to see how it develops. SOH will still be the place to discuss ideas etc.

What I need is some screenies for show and tell lol! You can either post them here or give me permission if you've already posted on t'other threads if you wouldn't mind.

Like the add-on it's self I am open to suggestions for the site but like CFS3BoB simple and slowly is best.

It's not up yet, as I'm waiting for some prose from Clive.
Cheers All

:wavey:Hey Jeff I have gang of BoB screenies already posted ya got my permission to use em anyway you wish,:salute:

Old Tiger
September 28th, 2010, 07:14
Some early mornimg screenies He111s off to England :salute:

BeauBrummie
September 28th, 2010, 10:47
Thanks me old fruit. They are rather good.

BeauBrummie
October 4th, 2010, 12:04
WoW 250 hits....

pete1
October 4th, 2010, 13:55
The BOB Expansion is awesome,thanks to everyone involved and i expect that 250 hits is just the tip of the iceberg for the site,great stuff chaps.