PDA

View Full Version : Operation ETO 1.40 Hotfix is underway now

grizzly50
September 25th, 2010, 07:48
:kilroy:To all,

I am already putting together an official ETO 1.40 hotfix package for this and a few other small prolems.

We dropped the ball, and we apologize.

The hotfix will be released within about three weeks or so. Maybe sooner. We want to make sure everything posssible has been found and fixed, so if any of you out there have seen anything wrong, or otherwise out of place or irregular, please let us know.

Please just PM me here at SOH. The cutoff date will be October 10, 2010.

We greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter.:d

westview
September 25th, 2010, 08:59
Eh, it happens. Thank you for all of the work you guys have done on the 1.40 update and the hotfix, you're making something great even better!

loverboy1
September 25th, 2010, 12:21
sir grizz.......ive loaded all works what is the fix ,,i mean , will try in english is there missing things

you know what i mean in good old canadain lingo

gaw
September 25th, 2010, 14:32
yeah....what's the fix for..........the whole shebang looks and plays a million bucks....please tell us what the offending subtleties are so we can complain............and then adulate the fix for 'em!

NachtPiloten
September 26th, 2010, 05:01
Hello,

I will try to have revised damage models for about 15-20 planes ready for the hotfix. I have discovered the use of two different versions of the old Avh damage line spread sheet that was used by folks to calculated points for the damage done to aircraft. Of course most of these are mine so well opps! As a result the planes damage more easily and appear to be more in line with the other models.

Also, I will try to have new flight models for the Catalinas. The ones that I made originally were too cookie cutter and needed a few refinements. The newer ones will reflect actual USN testing with various loadouts and equipment. When I made the original ones I cheated with the weight to get them to takeoff from the water and this caused some adverse characterisitics. I also have had some email conversation with folks actually still flying Catalinas to improve my understanding of the plane's flying characteristics. I have discovered (been taught) a way to make adjustments to the airfile that will address this limitation (thanks gregp). :salute:

grizzly50
September 26th, 2010, 05:49
Hello,

I will try to have revised damage models for about 15-20 planes ready for the hotfix. I have discovered the use of two different versions of the old Avh damage line spread sheet that was used by folks to calculated points for the damage done to aircraft. Of course most of these are mine so well opps! As a result the planes damage more easily and appear to be more in line with the other models.

Also, I will try to have new flight models for the Catalinas. The ones that I made originally were too cookie cutter and needed a few refinements. The newer ones will reflect actual USN testing with various loadouts and equipment. When I made the original ones I cheated with the weight to get them to takeoff from the water and this caused some adverse characterisitics. I also have had some email conversation with folks actually still flying Catalinas to improve my understanding of the plane's flying characteristics. I have discovered (been taught) a way to make adjustments to the airfile that will address this limitation (thanks gregp). :salute:

:kilroy:NP, just send them to me when you are ready and I will see that they get checked and added.:salute::d

gaw
September 26th, 2010, 07:59
i knew that.............yeah, right

estepp
October 1st, 2010, 15:54
ETO looks and runs great. It just gets better and better. One thing that showed up after the 1.40 install is the Spitfire 1b has lines attached to it in the spot and target view and lines flashing from it in the chase view. I don't know if it is just my computer or if anyone else has this problem.

I also lost the colour of the b-merchant ship. The ship is now all gray. This happened with the 1.31 install. Can I just copy from an earlier CFS3 or was this ship modified in one of the updates?

waco jaco
October 4th, 2010, 21:50
ETO looks and runs great. It just gets better and better. One thing that showed up after the 1.40 install is the Spitfire 1b has lines attached to it in the spot and target view and lines flashing from it in the chase view. I don't know if it is just my computer or if anyone else has this problem.

I got the same with Ju 88 (not the stock version) and the Fw190-A8 JG3, but somethimes they just show up ok.

grizzly50
October 5th, 2010, 17:36

I also lost the colour of the b-merchant ship. The ship is now all gray. This happened with the 1.31 install. Can I just copy from an earlier CFS3 or was this ship modified in one of the updates?

:kilroy:Estepp, could you post a screenshot or two of the problem? Thanks.:d

estepp
October 6th, 2010, 04:50
The lines appeared with the spitfire twice. I have been flying it in a bunch of different missions and cannot get it to happen again. Sorry if I caused any problems.

waco jaco
October 6th, 2010, 09:09
same with me, problem did not appear after I used a different aircraft type in missions then in quickcombat (in which I train to get used to a new type) and I can't make it appear again.

I can clearly remember a line from the top of the tailfin to somewhere up in the sky, as if someone was holding a scale model by a wire.

Totally puzzled