PDA

View Full Version : I think the Liberator has gremlins...

ndicki
September 24th, 2010, 23:54
Far be it from me and suchlike, but I'm a bit puzzled. The kipper kites have a very interesting sort of fog projector - it's very intriguing. When I press the gun button, there's gunfire noise and a column of white fog extends a few yards forward from under my starboard wing.

If I were Jewish, which unfortunately is not the case, I'd be thrilled to bits of course, because I'd be able to follow it by day at least all the way to the promised land. In the dark it might be a bit dodgy, because the pillar is supposed to be one of fire by night, but it would probably still be more reliable than bumbling round the desert aimlessly while waiting for tomorrow's manna. I had actually always imagined it as a vertical pillar, but then, who am I to say already, my boy? I mean, it's very nice already and don't complain because there's nothing to complain about, my boy, you see already, nu?

Meanwhile, the goyim probably don't see it the same way. They're opening xdp files and looking, and can't find the gun file and don't really understand what is going on here, except that they had been expecting a beam of dazzling light with which to pick out evil Teutonic submarines and be nasty to them, and haven't got one.

But I'm thinking of converting to Judaism because, aside from the bit about leaving your pullover in the synagogue, it's much more exciting to have a pillar of cloud by day...

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 00:33
And it won't reload when you launch the sim. Yes, my sound alias is correct... The version without the Leigh light is fine, however.

BeauBrummie
September 25th, 2010, 00:45
Ooh who's sarky boy then lol! The light is created by a highly modified 0.5 round and the Leigh light is a gun. Yes it's not the 5 Million candle power light that CC had but this is a good workaround and does illuminate the U-Boats at night. Steve has just told me that he had some mods which will improve it's look, I don't think it can be much brighter (but I'm not the expert) and reduces it's on duration to 30 seconds which I find is about right. I'll make this available ASAP.

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 01:10
Who sarky, me? Oy vay, oy vay, oy vay!

LoL! The thing is that the eto_leigh_light_gun.xdp isn't included, so I'm not sure where the round comes from, either. I do know this is a very tricky effect, and that it's been a lot of trouble getting it this far, but I wonder if an important bit of the puzzle didn't get overlooked in the packaging. That's easy enough, given the amount of material to be packaged...

grizzly50
September 25th, 2010, 04:44
:kilroy:Nigel, while you are awaiting your bris, we already know about this problem:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=43169&page=1

I am already putting together an official ETO 1.40 hotfix package for this and a few other small prolems. We dropped the ball, and we apologize.

The hotfix will be released within a couple of weeks. Maybe sooner. We want to make sure everything has been found, so if any of you out there has seen anything wrong, please let us know.

Please just PM me here at SOH.:d

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 05:57
OK - great to know that. Looking forward to it.

It wasn't immediately obvious from the team's reaction to Rene's post that it was indeed a known problem...