PDA

View Full Version : GATTACA

djscoo
September 24th, 2010, 19:54
Free to watch on HULU (sorry non-Ameriacans :frown:), really interesting and thought provoking film. Check it out if you like sci-fi/futuristic societies, it's got some cool stuff.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46029/gattaca

Roadburner440
September 24th, 2010, 20:01
That is a good movie. I saw that many years ago (early 2000's) when I was in high school. As time goes on more and more it seems these movies creep closer to reality.. Another good one to check out is "Idiocracy." While it is pretty stupid.. it also seems to be where we are heading as a society.

Toastmaker
September 25th, 2010, 02:25
Good movie, good music and a good story.

:running:

stansdds
September 25th, 2010, 02:46
Gattaca is a good film, as is Idiocracy, and either one could be our future. Then again, with all the robot development going on, I Robot or Terminator could also be our future.

Dain Arns
September 25th, 2010, 04:01
Another good one to check out is "Idiocracy." While it is pretty stupid.. it also seems to be where we are heading as a society.

Don't want to post any 'spoilers'...

Gattaca is a good movie, but I think it's overall theme seems to becoming less and less likely.

Not really a good movie technically, Idiocracy's theme seems to be coming closer to being true, more and more every year.
I blame it on 'Headline News', the "Internets", Text Messaging, and Reality TV shows... :icon_lol: