PDA

View Full Version : Still problem with the bluries

b52bob
September 24th, 2010, 19:38
I'm still having the problem with the bluries and I think it's probably the video card (9800gt). With no add on airports, I can fly for a while, with add ons, the aprons at the airports turn zinc green, light becomes that black block, and the textures on the airplanes either go away or take a LONG time to load.

After 15 mins or so, all the scenery turns into pea soup except for airports and big landmarks. I am using GEX and FEX.

So, I read some good reports on the Megabit GNX 460OC. Does that seem like a pretty good card?

Thanks everyone in advance for their input.

Bob

Meshman
September 24th, 2010, 20:15
I have a 9800 GTX+ with 512mb of RAM and show no symptoms as you've described. What it sounds like to me is that you're on a 32bit OS and it's running out of virtual address space. Or..., your settings are set way right and your computer isn't able to process the amount of data being requested.

I beta-tested a commercial product which was/is very demanding. When coming into a highly populated area I would see my older system start to barf at anything other than mid-to-lower settings. Nice to see lime green parking spaces at an airport until the sim could get around to managing all the data being requested. Haven't tried that add on with the new system, but I doubt I'd be seeing the same problems.

Remember within FSX, autogen and scenery objects get rendering priority and if they take too long to process then there isn't enough time in the rendering loop to draw sharper textures and mesh.

b52bob
September 24th, 2010, 20:43
I realize that about the sliders. They are set the same way now as they were before this started. I also didn't mention the freeze up that happens when I go into a complicated area. It freezes for about 5 seconds, then runs 1-2 frames and the whole thing starts all over again. This goes on for about 2-3 mins.

I am thinking that either the 512mb can't handle it or there are problems in the graphics card memory where things just aren't getting processed.

Also, again, everything looks hunky-dorry until 3-5 mins have passed. Sometimes I can do a short flight with everything looking good and then sometimes I can't.

I am running win 7 64 bit and have been with no problems since it came out.

Oh, the horror!

thanks for your reply.

Bob

stansdds
September 25th, 2010, 02:38
Addressing memory should not be a problem with a 64 bit OS, how much system RAM and video card RAM do you have?

If this problem just started and previously you had no problems running FSX, it could be a PSU or video card slow death.

b52bob
September 25th, 2010, 20:58
6 gigs system and 512 card.

It did just started to happen not too long ago

stansdds
September 26th, 2010, 04:16
Since it was working ok, now it's not, then I suspect it is a hardware failure. The only other thing I can think of would be a change in the graphic settings or add on scenery or weather programs. Barring that... well...