PDA

View Full Version : HOBBIT crashes for real

SLIP STREAM
September 24th, 2010, 10:03
yesterday morning hobbit was involved in an accident on his hog.he impacted the windshield and hood surfed a bit.he was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and is home.he says he's ok at the moment.but his harley is totaled.and of course he's making missions instead of taking easy.guess you can't keep a good hobbit down.

KellyB
September 24th, 2010, 11:23
Egads!
HH - truly glad to hear you're ok!
truly sorry about the hog!

We will all look forward to heightened mission output......

ndicki
September 24th, 2010, 11:42
Grief, I should have guessed. Whoever lets a Hobbit loose with any sort of machinery wants their head looking at!

Owen, I trust you really ARE OK? Bad luck though on the bike. You have my deepest sympathy on that one. I suppose - trying to find something positive to say - it gives you the opportunity to get a decent bike though, like a Commando or a Bonnie! ;-)

hairyspin
September 24th, 2010, 12:10
You weren't standing on the seat of a bike now, were you? Owen, Owen.....

Hope you're feeling less bruised soon. :wavey:

Willy
September 24th, 2010, 12:11
I suppose - trying to find something positive to say - it gives you the opportunity to get a decent bike though, like a Commando or a Bonnie!

Best wishes on Owen's recovery. And I agree on the new bike. I was awful fond of my old Triumph Trident.

dancat
September 24th, 2010, 12:32
I've been riding for 17 years and would be lying if I said I've never slid down the asphalt.
sorry to hear this news, really sorry about your bike....I know the feeling.

chriseponymous
September 24th, 2010, 14:18
Sorry to hear about the prang Owen. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery! :salute:

Murray Cod
September 24th, 2010, 14:57
Best wishes for a quick recovery Owen - both for you and the bike.

Murray

ps. I hope the nurses were nice to you / for you

pps. I hope your wife isn't saying "I told you so" too much

SLIP STREAM
September 24th, 2010, 15:10
those of us that have been through impacts like this.know the second day is worse.so it is with owen.he's very sore and briused "in places he didn't know could get briused" he on heavy pain killers.and has to report back to the hospital monday.he's ok for the most part.he's well attended. an aunt thats a nurse is with him 24hrs. he thanks all that have posted and e'd.
He's really bumbed. the bike is a complete total. the young girl ran an intersection and broadsided him at over 45mph. two cars and the bike destroyed.she got 5 tickets and is being drug tested. owen was not at any fault.and has no memory of the impact untill the emt's pulled him from the windshield/hood. he'll post when he's able.

MajorMagee
September 24th, 2010, 17:31
Sorry to hear of his misfortune. It didn't seem to make the local newspaper at least.

Wyld45
September 24th, 2010, 21:46
See what happens when you keep playing with that "Ring" while riding a motor-cicle!

GET WELL SOON OWEN! (well,at least your "fur" didnt catch in the sprocket! :D)

:salute::jump::salute:

P.S. Remember,PULL handle bars BACK to go up and over.

BeauBrummie
September 24th, 2010, 22:49
I hope he didn't hurt his feet

and gets lots of visitors

HouseHobbit
September 24th, 2010, 23:19
God Bless you all..LOL..
And it Hurts to laugh..

I am fine, or at least recovering..
I want to let everyone know that Hobbits bounce very well..:jump:

I have been humbled by the kindness I have been shown the past two days..
I am very grateful for the kindness..
My Biker friends are caring for scooter bike's remains right now, in a dear friends garage
I see her tomorrow.. Not looking forward to this..

And for those who Think I need a another triumph, i rode a 1968 Tr-6, 650 triumph for 4 years...
Then My harley appeared..and the triumph was no more..LOL..
I am up late, can't sleep..
I ran off everyone today under Much protest..
and I intend when I heal enough to jump on a Harley again..Yea ..
My biker friends told me today when I am ready I can use one of their bikes to get back in the saddle with..
Which a true vote of confidance, I have several friends who have NEVER allowed anyone near their Bikes, except for me.. Which was and is a great honor..

My sister told me today there is a perfect Hobbit print in the windshield of the car involved..
she took pictures, when she gives them to me i'll post this for everyone..LOL..

I still have 5 out of 9 lives left so I am okay..bruised and beat up and BUMMED Out..
But it will pass...
Thanks all very Much,
God Bless each of you..
Owen

Not to worry my feet were the one thing I think right now that does not Hurt..LOL..

Led Zeppelin
September 25th, 2010, 01:24
wish you a good recovery!:salute:

dancat
September 25th, 2010, 03:30
hey Owen,
if you're in the market for a new bike, I'm looking to sell my custom 92 Fatboy pretty cheap!

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 03:45
Good grief, all you need is the leather hat and you can pretend to be Marlon Brando!

Hurricane91
September 25th, 2010, 04:58
Hello Hobbit, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Be ever vigilant, they really don't see bikes.

My 72 post crash with a few Dunstall bits.

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 05:58
Hello Hobbit, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Be ever vigilant, they really don't see bikes.

My 72 post crash with a few Dunstall bits.

Now that IS a nice bit of bike! 750 or 850? Presumably 850...

dancat
September 25th, 2010, 06:00
Brando had a Triumph T-Bird, Lee Marvin had the Harley. and I do pretend to be Lee Marvin ;)

Good grief, all you need is the leather hat and you can pretend to be Marlon Brando!

gaw
September 25th, 2010, 06:12
Hobbit.....bad luck....sorry mate. Glad you're OK!

Hurricane91
September 25th, 2010, 08:31
Now that IS a nice bit of bike! 750 or 850? Presumably 850...
Thank you. It was a 1972 750 with the so-called "Combat" mods. I loved it, but the practicalities of a young family took precedence. (sniff)

dancat
September 25th, 2010, 08:49
Norton used a pre-unit in 72??
I guess I'm just used to Triumph's and BSA's having a unit construction.

ps. bad a$$ bike by the way!!

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 09:55
You lot are making me jealous... I am bikeless and have been for a long, long time... And because I want the kind of bike you don't go to work on, then I have no reason to use on my wife.

Actually - you Harley riders may laugh - I was thinking of a Royal Enfield Madras 350 Bullet Army. Just something to bumble about on...

http://www.royal-enfield.com/page46a.html

FOO FIGHTER
September 25th, 2010, 11:13
Hey Owen, sorry to hear of your mishap. I'm glad it wasn't a more serious accident. You can be the safest driver in the world but its always the other guy you have to watch out for. Best wishes for a fast recovery.:salute:

Hurricane91
September 25th, 2010, 11:13
I am bikeless and have been for a long, long time... And because I want the kind of bike you don't go to work on, then I have no reason to use on my wife.

Actually - you Harley riders may laugh - I was thinking of a Royal Enfield Madras 350 Bullet Army. Just something to bumble about on...

An Enfield would be my choice too, with some Colin Seeley bits (can you still get Seeley?).

MajorMagee
September 25th, 2010, 11:31
It's a perfect day for a ride here in Dayton. I just saw a purple Harley parked in front of a nearby cafe. Also, saw a black one for sale ($4750) on the same trip to the Library.

p.s. My ride is a Motobecane Le Champion. ;)

loverboy1
September 25th, 2010, 12:19
hobbitt buddy im bad to life .....and i see you almost flew for real in the sky , will try you tonight or tommorow ...let yee rest a bit

god bless ......and remember the "HOG" can be replaced you cant .......

joshua .....lb

gaw
September 25th, 2010, 14:35
hey....look at that!!! LB just hit 1000 posts......congrats! Wonder what the record is....anybody know????

Tako_Kichi
September 25th, 2010, 14:53
hey....look at that!!! LB just hit 1000 posts......congrats! Wonder what the record is....anybody know????
Click on the 'Community' button at the top of the page and select 'Member List' then click on the top of the 'Posts' column to sort by post count. 'Lionheart' is currently the top poster but that is since the last server/forum rebuild a while back. Prior to that 'Panther' was in the lead by a loooooong way!

dancat
September 25th, 2010, 15:44
Nigel, I had an Enfield bullet 500 back in 2000.
I was very disappointed with the bike.
under powered bad..

You lot are making me jealous... I am bikeless and have been for a long, long time... And because I want the kind of bike you don't go to work on, then I have no reason to use on my wife.

http://www.royal-enfield.com/page46a.html

ndicki
September 25th, 2010, 21:39
Yes, I know - goes like a good 125... As I said, something to bumble about on! I like the army look as well, because you could get away with it at re-enactment events too. The only real giveaway is the (essential) disk brake. I used to borrow a mate's 350 WDC but I wouldn't want to ride that outside a controlled environment! The brakes were next to useless.

OldCrow
September 25th, 2010, 23:15
Glad to hear you're ok friend. I obviously don't know you as a person except on this forum, but you always seem to be a good dude. Please be careful out there on your next bike.

HouseHobbit
September 26th, 2010, 03:57
I am up and moving a bit better today, just had a nice meal and ready to wreck a few birds today I think..
May have to crash a few of Nigels great birds for a start and there is a few in ETO 1.40 I haven't destroyed yet..
So to all the Hobit is flying again, or at least crashing anyway..
Thanks all..:salute:

loverboy1
September 26th, 2010, 04:41
"hh" missed your styles while i was off a bit and all.....lol, glad your safe ....the "hog" =bike , can be oneday replaced ..you cant

you have a ton of friends and groupies

things happen for reasons im told .....

so big boy

heressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss hobbit lets play ball

lb/joshua

HouseHobbit
September 26th, 2010, 04:45
Hello my freind, Glad you are back ..
I am better, and nearly ready to trash a few birds..:gameoff:

alain95
September 26th, 2010, 23:48
Hello Mr Hobbit,

Sad to read here that you had a motorbike accident, Happy to see that you are still Ok !
I don't know any biker that had no accident, hey wait a minute......How was the nurse ?

Take care
Alain
:engel016:

Steven190
September 27th, 2010, 03:42
Glad to see you are doing well, I use to have a Sportester, and know well that a crash is not the most enjoyable thing.

Now go wreck some planes.