PDA

View Full Version : Ki-45 skin and armament question

flying_spud
September 24th, 2010, 05:43
Hi again, been engrossed in the superb ultra pack 2.01 mod for il-2, so been away for a bit.
Fancied a bit of light entertainment again so got cfs2 going the other day, just for a change, am enjoying it.

I've got 2 nice Ki-45 Toryu's (Nick) in my game, the mz one and the fdg version.

The mz one is nice (like all his planes) and I've found new skins for it EXCEPT I can't seem to hit anything with the big cannon in the nose. I've tried firing high, low, middle and even got so close to a B-24 that I could have spoken to the tail gunner! It was impossible to miss - still my shots seem to go straight through it :redfire: anybody else has this problem?

The fdg Ki-45 is great; upward cannon works and 2 heavy mg's (I believe) in nose are nicely tuned in to the sight. HOWEVER I can't seem to find any new skins for this great plane. The default skin is pretty bland. Has anybody seen any?

Thanks.

Oglivie
September 25th, 2010, 16:05
FS,

I think the MZ will shoot low if using the 2d panel (center of the recticle) for aiming. The FDG panel.cfg is adjusted for this with the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.5, 0.0, 0.0 entered in the [Views] section. You can edit in a [views] section into your MZ panel.cfg with the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.5, 0.0, 0.0 entered into that section. This lowers the panel so that the sight is centered to the DP gun trajectory.

I haven't seen any skins done for the FDG Toryu either.

flying_spud
September 26th, 2010, 03:00
Thanks for that "O". I've copied how to do it to my notepad and popped it in with all the other good tips I've got from here! :salute: