PDA

View Full Version : Question for the UK members. Or anyone that may know.

OleBoy
September 23rd, 2010, 20:41
I'm wondering if anyone can identify something for me.
....If you look on the fuselage forward of the canopy (between "Grim Reaper" and the "kiss" stickers) there are 5 smaller stickers. Can anyone tell me what they are..or where I can find pictures of them?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ghostbusters/Pitts-S-1S-Special/0620669/L/&sid=f5fdc629801590a13901f91c673f66b6

Thanks

OB

bazzar
September 24th, 2010, 05:14
If you mean the six small winged stickers, dare I suggest "bird kills"?

kilo delta
September 24th, 2010, 05:43
If you mean the six small winged stickers, dare I suggest "bird kills"?

Now that you mention it....I bet your right! :d

OleBoy
September 24th, 2010, 06:33
I'm guessing the same KD. Thanks Bazzar.
...Now if I can just find them somewhere. No luck as of yet.

huub vink
September 24th, 2010, 06:55
To start working in this repaint shows your a brave man OB!

Cheers,
Huub

OleBoy
September 24th, 2010, 07:05
To start working in this repaint shows your a brave man OB!

Cheers,
Huub

Or an idiot. It has been a test of patience.
....Sorry to say this, but if I can not do a truly authentic rendition, I will not be releasing this paint.

Nick C
September 24th, 2010, 08:21
Could you send a message to the photographer?

kilo delta
September 24th, 2010, 09:00
I've done some sleuthing for you...I'll pm my findings ;)

OleBoy
September 24th, 2010, 09:35
Could you send a message to the photographer?

I have sent several emails to photographers throughout this re-creation. No responses as of yet.
......Kilo Delta has helped out a bit here. From his detective work I traced the website of the owner G-REAP. Problem is the website is just a picture with small bits of information, and a phone number. Of which to say I am not calling as I am in the U.S.A. Unless I (or someone) can trace an email I guess I will be the only one that can enjoy the repaint,

I've done some sleuthing for you...I'll pm my findings ;)

KD, Thanks. I responded to your PM.

Update: I found way to get in contact. Email sent. Now it's time for the waiting game.

OleBoy
September 24th, 2010, 15:33
WOOHOO....Problem solved!!

I found a new stash of pictures hidden deep within links. The bird strike stickers have been obtained. Amongst a few more other legible bits that are not visible on most pictures.

Now the paint is coming together:wiggle:

Now for the problem of reaching the owner.

Oops. Almost forgot. Thanks a lot for the help everyone :ernae:

OleBoy
September 26th, 2010, 15:23
Now for the problem of reaching the owner.

Thought I would let everyone know that I have obtained correct email info via a personal friend in Britain. Thanks to you if some how you ever find this message in your wanderings.

Email written
...Sent
Waiting for reply.

I really hope some good comes out of this so I can share with everyone..

And to you Kilo Delta. I want to give you a special Thanks for doing all you've done to help me make this happen. You really went out of your way.
.....Thank You :ernae: Ireland ;)

OleBoy
September 27th, 2010, 09:22
Thought I would let everyone know that I have obtained correct email info via a personal friend in Britain. Thanks to you if some how you ever find this message in your wanderings.

Email written
...Sent
Waiting for reply.

I really hope some good comes out of this so I can share with everyone..

WOOHOO!!! Contact with Mr. Howes was made minutes ago. He seems a nice gentlemen and more than willing to assist me in my ventures with all the resources I need. I will soon be finalizing G-REAP. Then I will re-create G-JAWZ, and finally G-HISS. And maybe one more of his Pitts aircraft that I wasn't aware of. :ernae: