PDA

View Full Version : Question (stupid?)

italoc
September 23rd, 2010, 10:22

Is a question which probably has already been posted in the forum, but I could not find answer:

What is that strange foggy lower part of the scenery appearing at level 8000 ft and how can I eliminate it ?http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif
I know, I know that I should have found the answer by myself (after so many years of FlightSim "activity"):wiggle: but ......
Thankyou in advance to the good guy who will be so kind to clarify me how to ....

Italo

HighGround22
September 23rd, 2010, 10:28
I believe you're looking at a lower-level haze condition, as set in your weather setup, or as dictated by an actual-weather setting.

Nice mini-panel, btw! :applause:

falcon409
September 23rd, 2010, 10:29
That's the way the default weather engine shows fog or haze, like an inversion layer. Nothing default-wise you can do about it. If you notice that when you drop below that everything gets nice and green and clear again. lol

Someone else might be able to point you to freeware weather addons that might soften that effect a bit. I use REX which eliminates it completely and leaves a nice smooth transition.

HighGround22
September 23rd, 2010, 10:44
. . . I use REX which eliminates it completely and leaves a nice smooth transition.Oh yeah, Falcon, so it does! I hadn't thought of that phenomenon since getting REX, a few months ago, but when reading your response, I realized I hadn't seen it for . . . well . . . months. 8-}>

kilo delta
September 23rd, 2010, 10:50
That's the way the default weather engine shows fog or haze, like an inversion layer. Nothing default-wise you can do about it. If you notice that when you drop below that everything gets nice and green and clear again. lol

Someone else might be able to point you to freeware weather addons that might soften that effect a bit. I use REX which eliminates it completely and leaves a nice smooth transition.

Yep...either that or your monitor has cataracts! :icon_lol:

I think you can eliminate it through FSUIPC too.

stiz
September 23rd, 2010, 10:56
bit OT but one thing i cant stand is that when you start off in fog and you can see maybe, 3/4 miles ahead, then you climb up out of it and you can see 40+ and can see the ground clearly for the enitre distance .. then when you drop back into the fog vis drops down to 3/4 miles again in an instant.

wiltzei
September 23rd, 2010, 10:58
It can be removed with a specific texture. Hifi Simulationsī Active Sky & X-Graphics include it. There are probably freeware solutions available. As far as I remember, there was a freeware overcast cloud texture replacement at Orbx forums, but I donīt remember, if it will fix this.

italoc
September 23rd, 2010, 14:31
I believe you're looking at a lower-level haze condition, as set in your weather setup, or as dictated by an actual-weather setting.

Nice mini-panel, btw! :applause:

Yes that's the answer: I was flying on "an actual-weather setting"
With default weather here what I see
no more haze:jump:

Thanks to all :salute:
P.S. mini-panel is from RealAir Scout !

Italo