PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Convention

PJMack
September 23rd, 2010, 06:37
What about a CFS2 convention...here in Seattle...so I dont have to pay airfair? Everyone can come from around the globe and exchange tips and tricks and show off various installs. We can meet at the airport, wear funny hats with tassles, and visit the local house of ill repute...take out orders are more expensive. Of course, there would be the need for computers so we can figure on laptops..not the greatest for this sim but it'll have to do. Dare I say it, we can even exchange software....no, no, no we really shouldn't.

All those in favor?

Opposed?:173go1::ernae::running::bump:

mariereid
September 23rd, 2010, 07:33
PJ; Couldn't we forget the furry hats and whatnot and just all go to your house? That way we could afford "take out".:ernae:

PJMack
September 23rd, 2010, 07:39
PJ; Couldn't we forget the furry hats and whatnot and just all go to your house? That way we could afford "take out".:ernae:

I can just see my wife's face. Yes you are welcome. You'll have to take out the take out though.:applause:

simonu
September 23rd, 2010, 08:27
We can hire a few of full motion simulators, plug them together and run a CFS2 multiplay furball contest.

MaskRider
September 23rd, 2010, 09:38
And propeller beanies all around!

Devildog73
September 25th, 2010, 06:28
PJ, just make sure you invite your neighbors just up the road from Microsoft!
Also, wait until Jagd gets back. I think his permanent address is up in that area.

Jagdflieger
September 25th, 2010, 07:58
Made it back! I'm out at Fort Lewis now, south of Tacoma, and it might be fun for all the denizens of Puget Sound to all get together sometime. A couple of the staff members have been talking about just such a link up too, so I'm sure we could get more than a few of us together.

Perhaps Boeing's Museum of Flight at Boeing Field would be a good place to link up.

PJMack
September 25th, 2010, 14:35
Jag,

That would be cool. Count me in.:salute:

dvslats
September 25th, 2010, 15:03
You guys are going to need a secret password.

How about for the first person...radar reports bandits in your area, the second replies...flak! looks
like it's going to be a rough ride. :icon_lol: :ernae: :mixedsmi:

Dirtman
September 26th, 2010, 08:36
Will there be FREE BEER??? ..... I'm on my way!! :running:

.... 19917

PJMack
September 26th, 2010, 16:02
Will there be FREE BEER??? ..... I'm on my way!! :running:

MR Dirt,

I think we could arrange a pitcher or two with your name on them.
.... 19917

Jagdflieger
September 26th, 2010, 18:11
I'll get with Smilo, PRB and a few of the other Puget Sound residents and see what works. I guess we ought to give ourselves a few weeks lead time to arrange something convenient for all of us.

smilo
September 26th, 2010, 18:40
I would be more than happy
to drive to Seattle from Sequim.
there are a few up in the FS9 forum
that I'm sure would like to meet up, too.
the Museum of Flight sounds good to me.
just let me know so I can get approval from the boss.
actually, I think she would be happy
to have me out of the house for a day or two.

olaf1924
September 26th, 2010, 19:07
count me in. just let us know the time and date.

PJMack
September 26th, 2010, 19:09
:salute:
I'll get with Smilo, PRB and a few of the other Puget Sound residents and see what works. I guess we ought to give ourselves a few weeks lead time to arrange something convenient for all of us.

Jag, Let me know what I can do to help. I will contact the Boeing people a call and see if I can get a group rate. This should be fun.:salute:

PRB
September 26th, 2010, 19:15
That would be fun. I'm in.

Jagdflieger
September 27th, 2010, 16:39
Sounds like a plan.

What is best for everyone, a weekend or weekdays?

I can probably arrange for any day, but my guess is a weekend would work for most.

PJMack, Let's try and nail down a date with in the week so that you can make arrangements with Boeing.

Once we decide on a weekend day or a weekday, we can refine the actual date. Anyone interested, please post your preference for a day to meet and then we can forecast the date.

PJMack
September 27th, 2010, 19:22
QUOTE=Jagdflieger;486758]Sounds like a plan.

I can probably arrange for any day, but my guess is a weekend would work for most.

PJMack, Let's try and nail down a date with in the week so that you can make arrangements with Boeing.

Once we decide on a weekend day or a weekday, we can refine the actual date. Anyone interested, please post your preference for a day to meet and then we can forecast the date.[/QUOTE]

I'll respond to this as soon as I have contacted Boeing.

THibben
September 29th, 2010, 06:13
I would most likely make it.

Tom

smilo
September 29th, 2010, 13:42
Sounds like a plan.

Once we decide on a weekend day or a weekday, we can refine the actual date. Anyone interested, please post your preference for a day to meet and then we can forecast the date.

I am good to go Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays,
with Saturdays being the best.
I will need a month notice if a weekday is decided
to request vacation time from work.
I am not going to miss this!
I owe Jag lunch.

PJMack
September 29th, 2010, 16:07
:salute:

Jag, Let me know what I can do to help. I will contact the Boeing people a call and see if I can get a group rate. This should be fun.:salute:

I can get eight people into the museum for free. That means that everyone has to buy me a beer. (That doesn't mean everyone chips in for one pint.):jump:

flying_spud
September 30th, 2010, 07:18
I'd come but I'm probably an illegal alien............:wiggle: innn New York

but you can mail me the take-away. I just luv those girls accents.

mariereid
September 30th, 2010, 11:02
Jeez, your right Spud! I'm an outcast too! What happened America, we used to be buddies? My real name is Donald Richard Reid. Remember the shoe bomber, Richard Reid? I really hate flying now, and crossing boarders, forget about it! Have a great time, guys!:ernae:

Devildog73
September 30th, 2010, 11:08

Now we need to come up with a good reason for me to TDY out there!

Jagd, find me a reason that DTS will accept. ;-)

Jagdflieger
September 30th, 2010, 17:30
Oh man! DD that DTS* is a disaster! If I never have to file another DTS voucher it'll be too soon. My last command had to hire two civilian contractors to keep all of our international TDY sorted out.

*DTS is the Defense Travel System. It is a computerized system that replaced the old tried and true "Request for Orders" and 1610 and 1351 processes for us GIs, leathernecks, sailors and airmen. Sometimes progress is not what it's cracked up to be.

DTS aside, How about 1100 hours on Saturday, October the 16th for our gala event? Will that work for everyone?

PJMack
October 1st, 2010, 08:43
Oh man! DD that DTS* is a disaster! If I never have to file another DTS voucher it'll be too soon. My last command had to hire two civilian contractors to keep all of our international TDY sorted out.

*DTS is the Defense Travel System. It is a computerized system that replaced the old tried and true "Request for Orders" and 1610 and 1351 processes for us GIs, leathernecks, sailors and airmen. Sometimes progress is not what it's cracked up to be.

DTS aside, How about 1100 hours on Saturday, October the 16th for our gala event? Will that work for everyone?

I'm in. Looking forward to it. Others please respond to this so we can get a head count.:ernae:

smilo
October 1st, 2010, 10:16
I'm in...
will most likely be there well before 11:00.
I might even head south on East Marginal Way
and have breakfast at Randy's.
I haven't been there in years,
hope it's still open.
it's near the south end of Boeing Field.
the place is packed with fight memorabilia
and is well worth a visit.

Devildog73
October 1st, 2010, 11:12

In fact: around here, DTS is called the Army DO NOT TRAVEL SYSTEM!
I know what you mean, I had to file a constructive worksheet because there is no commercial air service between WDC and Baltimore. It is a 55 mile trip from my house to the SOF range activity where I just finished TDY as range cadre, senior PMI. On my request for orders and voucher I noted that there was no commercial air so driving POV was most economical mode of travel. You know the deal..... Anyway, some power broker contractor upstairs sent it back for the worksheet stating that I had to file it with my voucher showing comair comparison. So, BWI is closest airport to my house and to the range. I filled it out from BWI to Dublin, Ireland and back to BWI and rented a car, leaving mine in long term parking for the 2 weeks. Cost $5000. Easily showed that POV was more cost effective.........government bureacracy!!!!!!!!

PJMack
October 1st, 2010, 14:58
Megan McGuire will be our tour guide and she will call me monday with details about timing four the CFS2 group. I'll update here after I speak with her.:salute:

OleBoy
October 3rd, 2010, 08:06
Sounds interesting. Thanks for the PM Smilo.

I work very odd hours. Never the same day to day. Start 8pm Mondays, to as late as 10pm through the week. Generally shifts anywhere from 8-12 hours depending on the crew. So, I work odd shifts.
.....Come time to get off work after a Friday shift my eyes are getting held open with toothpicks that are exceeding their limits of holding my heavy eyes open. The drive home generally includes windows down and music turned up.

Tentatively I say yes I'll be there. How that actually works out is hard to say. Likely I wouldn't very talkative from being so tired. A grouch even.
.....I'm not a CFS guy, but I'd be happy to meet everyone. It would be nice.

Not to mention I've wanted to go to the Boeing Museum again for a long time.

PRB
October 3rd, 2010, 14:01
I'm in...
will most likely be there well before 11:00.
I might even head south on East Marginal Way
and have breakfast at Randy's.
I haven't been there in years,
hope it's still open.
it's near the south end of Boeing Field.
the place is packed with fight memorabilia
and is well worth a visit.

Sounds like that diner at the airport at Chino, CA. Love those places! Mayhap I'll join you for breakfast!

smilo
October 3rd, 2010, 17:04
the fare is basic.
as I recall, the chicken fried steak and eggs hit the spot.
the aircraft models of all sizes hanging from the ceiling,
pictures and documents on the walls,
and stuff in show cases
are a real nice touch.
I look forward to seeing you there.

P-12C
October 3rd, 2010, 17:43
Sounds like fun and I'd love to meet some local SOH folks. I'll try to make it, but I don't know what my wife may have planned yet...

Jagdflieger
October 3rd, 2010, 18:44
Smilo,

I'm in for breakfast with you. Perhaps we should start our grand event with breakfast at Randi's Restaurant.

Is 0930 hours at Randi's good for everyone? After breakfast we can then head over to the museum.

PJMack
October 3rd, 2010, 19:04
Sounds great. At this point if you are planning to attend either or both please pm me so I can get an accurate head count.

Patrick:jump:

PJMack
October 4th, 2010, 18:25
There will be general tours starting on the hour and half hour. We have 8 free tickets and we can figure out how to get any extras in. Looking forward to this everyone.:applause:

smilo
October 4th, 2010, 19:38
Randy's is open 24/7
09:30 sounds good
10016 East Marginal Way

I'm already thinking about
chicken fried steak, hash browns and eggs

PJMack
October 15th, 2010, 12:36
Randy's is open 24/7
09:30 sounds good
10016 East Marginal Way

I'm already thinking about
chicken fried steak, hash browns and eggs

Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow at Randi's around 930 am.:jump:

Jagdflieger
October 15th, 2010, 14:00
I just posted this message in a few of the other fora:

For any of you interested, several of us are getting together this Saturday (16 Oct) for breakfast and a tour of the Boeing Museum of Flight.

We're meeting at Randy's Restaurant just south of the museum at 9:30 AM for breakfast and then we'll move on to Boeing for the tour.

We'd like to see you there if you can make it.

Randy's Restaurant
10016 E. Marginal Way S.
Tukwila, WA

mariereid
October 15th, 2010, 14:10
Have a blast fellas! Don't get caught doing anything that will make flight simmers look bad!:ernae:

smilo
October 15th, 2010, 14:11
if I stick to my usual MO,
I'll be waiting in the parking lot.
unless I screw up and miss the Bainbridge Boat.
I figure if I leave the house at 06:00,
I should have plenty of time.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Jagdflieger
October 16th, 2010, 21:21
A great time was had by all!

I'll post some photos tomorrow after I download them from my camera.

The Boeing Museum has undergone quite an upgrade from the last time I was there. The Champlain fighter collection is nicely displayed (both WW I and WW II) in a new building adjacent the original buildings.