PDA

View Full Version : Quicken software

rayrey10
September 22nd, 2010, 13:38
Anybody use Quicken to manage their finances? Thinking about buying it, but I am not sure of how user friendly it is. We used to use MS Money but they longer make it and some banks don't support Money anymore, so you can't do downloads.

Tako_Kichi
September 22nd, 2010, 14:01
I bought a copy roughly 10+ years ago when I went freelance in my career at that time. It was OK for home use but I soon changed over to Simply Accounting as that better suited my business needs plus all the book keepers locally seemed to be using SA and so I could get my books looked over easily (and cheaply) at the end of the tax year.

I would presume the software has developed in that time so maybe someone else has some more up-to-date info.

norab
September 22nd, 2010, 15:19
my wife has used it for both our family bookkeeping and in her role as church treasurer for almost ten years now and is very happy with it and it is supported by most banks and the church's accountent has no problems with the format. She tried MS money years ago and didn't like it at all. only fly in the ointment is that about every three years you will have to spring for a new version as they tweak the filing system just enough to make you need to buy the newer version
HTH

rayrey10
September 22nd, 2010, 17:41
Thanks fellas!

norab - do you (or Missus Norab) download the data from the bank or is it input manually?

I'm just trying to figure out if you the data that is downloaded from the bank works without a problem or if it's like MS Money that it tended to leave transactions out.

norab
September 22nd, 2010, 20:56
both, my missus downloads it but then just in case she goes over it to make sure it's okay and has never had a problem yet

rayrey10
September 23rd, 2010, 16:31
Thanks norab!