PDA

View Full Version : Download Links dead at AlphaSim-How do I retrive my older purchases

papab
September 22nd, 2010, 11:05
When I click on the shop tab on the Alpha Sim site and access my Account-it still lists all of my purchases...

When I try to download- links are dead-Sent an email with no response

I do not see anywhere on the Virtavia site any connections for the old Alpha payware products

Any suggestions

Thanks
Rick Brown

falcon409
September 22nd, 2010, 11:23
Yea, I don't quite understand the multi-layered Virtavia site myself. Supposedly they are handling all the AlphaSim support and purchases, but when I go to their site, I only see tabs related to their aircraft design work. . .nothing to do with Flight Sim.:salute:

noddy
September 22nd, 2010, 11:25
On the old Alpha stie it does state:

The AlphaSim database and store login will be maintained indefinitely and anyone wanting tech support or a download counter reset needs only to e-mail the usual address or use the Virtavia.com support ticket system. The AlphaSim Freeware pages will be maintained and linked to at the Virtavia site.

papab
September 22nd, 2010, 11:51
Noddy,
Thanks for pointing that out....

Went to Virtavia and clicked on support
Filled out a ticket and BINGO-It would not send,tried 3 times
Sent it through their "contact us" tab instead

I will post their response...
Rick

toby23
September 27th, 2010, 04:17
Hi all,

Just received this reply from Phil at Alphasim/ Virtavia.

Regards,

Toby

//----------------------------

Date: 26 September 2010 15:57:47 CEST
To: "Toby" <xxx>
Subject: Re: Enquiry from AlphaSim Online Store

You should just use your download area as normal. There is however presently a fault caused by our ISP which they are supposed to be fixing, this is causing the downloads not to be available. Hopefully this will soon be resolved.

Regards,

Phil,
Virtavia Pty Ltd
www.virtavia.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Toby" <xxx>
To: "AlphaSim" <alphasim1@alphasim.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:36 AM
Subject: Enquiry from AlphaSim Online Store

Hi there,
I have just reinstalled FSX on a new system.
How can I redownload my purchased products from your website?
Thanks for your help,
Toby

guzler
September 27th, 2010, 08:52
"Hopefully" ???

This is the very reason why having sorftware that is dependant on the ongoing existence of the vendor is bad for customers. If at some point you need a new key because you've installed something too many times and they've gone bust, so's your product.

mal998
September 27th, 2010, 08:56
"Hopefully" ???

This is the very reason why having sorftware that is dependant on the ongoing existence of the vendor is bad for customers. If at some point you need a new key because you've installed something too many times and they've gone bust, so's your product.

Yes, but in this case Phil has responded and hasn't, as you say, gone bust.

papab
September 27th, 2010, 09:47
I forgot to post the response I got from Phil-Was the same
I replied that maybe they need to have something posted on the old Alpha Sim site or the new one about this problem....
Rick