PDA

View Full Version : mission builder?

scruffbag
September 22nd, 2010, 01:39
for some reason i have lost my mission builder.cant find it anywhere.can someone send the files,etc,or do i have to reinstall?

simonu
September 22nd, 2010, 02:55
NO dont reinstall.
Mission builder is just CFS2.exe but started with a special shortcut.
I will attempt to explain how to make a new one.

Bare with me as I must assume this is being read by a novice.

to create a new shortcut from a default install on XP

Click Start
go to /All Programs/Microsoft Games/Combat Flight Simulator 2

Is there a Mission Builder ShortCut there?

No

Right click the Combat Flight Simulator 2 Icon and select Send To / Desktop(create shortcut)

Got the shortcut to CFS2 on your Desktop?

OK Right click it and select Properties
A properties box opens, on the shortcut tab see the box were it says Target
the box contains this

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe"to make this a shortcut that starts Mission Builder all you have to do is add " /BUILDER" so the whole line now reads

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" /BUILDERIf for some reason Combat Flight Simulator 2 is not in your All Programs menu or the link there is broken
You have proberbly moved CFS2 or renamed the main folder maybe to create a second install.
You will know were it is.
Just locate CFS2.exe right click it and select create shortcut then follow the steps above.

You can Rename the shortcut to Mission Builder

If you have multiple installs create a Mission Builder Shortcut for each install.

Clear as Mud?

mariereid
September 22nd, 2010, 05:17
Well, that's handy to know. :salute:

scruffbag
September 22nd, 2010, 15:22
im running windows 7.that didnt work.

simonu
September 22nd, 2010, 15:42
I dont have windows seven, I know it has security screwed right down. You have to enable administrative priviledges or something,
You must be able to create a shortcut though,
maybe right click on your desktop and select "create shortcut" then use the wizard to navigate to CFS2.exe

Steven KLein
January 24th, 2016, 01:04
NO dont reinstall.
Mission builder is just CFS2.exe but started with a special shortcut.
I will attempt to explain how to make a new one.

Bare with me as I must assume this is being read by a novice.

to create a new shortcut from a default install on XP

Click Start
go to /All Programs/Microsoft Games/Combat Flight Simulator 2

Is there a Mission Builder ShortCut there?

No

Right click the Combat Flight Simulator 2 Icon and select Send To / Desktop(create shortcut)

Got the shortcut to CFS2 on your Desktop?

OK Right click it and select Properties
A properties box opens, on the shortcut tab see the box were it says Target
the box contains this

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe"to make this a shortcut that starts Mission Builder all you have to do is add " /BUILDER" so the whole line now reads

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" /BUILDERIf for some reason Combat Flight Simulator 2 is not in your All Programs menu or the link there is broken
You have proberbly moved CFS2 or renamed the main folder maybe to create a second install.
You will know were it is.
Just locate CFS2.exe right click it and select create shortcut then follow the steps above.

You can Rename the shortcut to Mission Builder

If you have multiple installs create a Mission Builder Shortcut for each install.

Clear as Mud?

No, tied all that I still get invalid entry in the target and start box.I have 3 installs two outside of Program Files and one in the default directory. I checked other posts about accessing the mission builder and tried their methods but nothing works. Also there is no mb.exe in any of my installs in the UIRES folder.

Rami
January 24th, 2016, 01:39
No, tied all that I still get invalid entry in the target and start box.I have 3 installs two outside of Program Files and one in the default directory. I checked other posts about accessing the mission builder and tried their methods but nothing works. Also there is no mb.exe in any of my installs in the UIRES folder.

Steve Klein,

There is no mb.exe in any folder. What you have to do is go into your installation folder for each sim, right-click on the cfs2.exe file, and make a shortcut of it. When you do, make sure the "Target" like reads something like this...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe"

If you make a shortcut from the cfs2.exe, the shortcut will reflect where this file is on your system, and should thereby eliminate the invalid entry problem.

Then, all you have to do is keep a space between the end of the quote symbol, then add this: /BUILDER. Then, it should look like this...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER

After that, save the shortcut, then rename it to whatever you feel is best. That should open up Mission Builder for you.