PDA

View Full Version : bad time for your foot to slip!

stiz
September 22nd, 2010, 00:56
was doing squats in the gym this morning ... foot slipped on the floor ... result = painfull torn/pulled calf muscle and a sore neck :crybaby:

Only brightside is that i dont have to go to work for a bit .. still depeating if the trade off is worth it though! :isadizzy:

jmig
September 22nd, 2010, 03:08
You would have to have one horrible job for the trade off to be worth it. :) I hope you recover soon. Sounds painful.

stiz
September 22nd, 2010, 03:24
You would have to have one horrible job for the trade off to be worth it. :) I hope you recover soon. Sounds painful.

stocker in a warehouse, moveing fridge freezers and other "white goods" (washing machines etc) most the day :blind:

Toastmaker
September 22nd, 2010, 06:19
Sorry to hear that. Sometimes, actually often, pulled or torn muscles take longer to fully heal than bone fractures do !

Bjoern
September 22nd, 2010, 09:49
stocker in a warehouse, moveing fridge freezers and other "white goods" (washing machines etc) most the day :blind:

Geez.

A sports injury would be *so* worth it!

OBIO
September 22nd, 2010, 11:36
stiz

Those squats have a nasty way of making you pay. Back in my body builder/power lifter days...wish I still had the look....I was doing some heavy squats....close to 600 pounds. The bar shifted, and I suppose it pressed on a nerve or something...because I blacked out instantly. One microsecond I was down in the bucket and in control of the weight...the next I was in deep deep doo doo. My work out partners told me that the bar shifted a bit, I straightened my legs but bent at the waist. All I know is that I regained awareness and I had almost 600 pounds resting on the back of my neck and I was bent 90 degrees at the waist looking at the floor. Luckily my partners were quick to grab the bar.....they weren't strong enough to lift if off my neck but they did manage to lift enough of the weight to allow me to straighten up and get the bar back into the rack.

OBIO

Pauke! Pauke!
September 22nd, 2010, 11:52

Uhh....I couldn't resist this one. "We got to move these refrigerator. We got to move these color TVs." I hope you feel better soon. I did a stint as a warehouseman in my much younger days while I was going to school. Loading trucks very early in the morning before classes and I was a shipping clerk late at night on another occasion.

ACGUasFWVsI