PDA

View Full Version : Icaro AW139 for FS9

kilo delta
September 21st, 2010, 09:36
Anyone flying this in FSX. If so is there a fix for the mirrored parts in the VC (Looks like a model issue rather than a texture problem). There was also talk of an FSX native version...is this still on the cards. :)

falcon409
September 21st, 2010, 09:56
If it's the pesky chrome look that sometimes shows up in the VC panel. here's what has worked for me in the past:
Open the panel.cfg file and scroll down to the [VCockpit01] section. change the background color designation from 0,0,0 to 1,1,1 and see if that helps. There have been a few times when it was unsuccessful, but usually that does the trick.

kilo delta
September 21st, 2010, 11:13
Thanks Ed...I'll give that a try. :)

BTW...I was flying the Irish Air Corps variant today when I noticed that the sound was louder than usual...

...There were 2 of the real deal choppers buzzing my house en-route to the local Army barracks. :d :)

Dain Arns
September 21st, 2010, 12:55
If it's the pesky chrome look that sometimes shows up in the VC panel. here's what has worked for me in the past:
Open the panel.cfg file and scroll down to the [VCockpit01] section. change the background color designation from 0,0,0 to 1,1,1 and see if that helps. There have been a few times when it was unsuccessful, but usually that does the trick.

I think I tried that when it was first released, and it didn't work.
The panel problem in FSX was noted over at HC, and it seems a solution has never been found.
The flight dynamics are definitely coded for FS9 as well, it behaves, lets say 'aggressively' in FSX. :icon_lol:
Disappointing for FSX users, as it is a beautiful work indeed. (Really wanted to fly the helitanker variant)
The FS9 guys are happy.

kilo delta
September 21st, 2010, 13:38
I think I tried that when it was first released, and it didn't work.
The panel problem in FSX was noted over at HC, and it seems a solution has never been found.
The flight dynamics are definitely coded for FS9 as well, it behaves, lets say 'aggressively' in FSX. :icon_lol:
Disappointing for FSX users, as it is a beautiful work indeed. (Really wanted to fly the helitanker variant)
The FS9 guys are happy.

Pity...it's a beautiful model. Is the FSX version still on the cards? If not maybe Milviz/Nemeth could work their magic. :)

kilo delta
December 29th, 2010, 08:10
**cheeky bump** :)

Anyone managed to fix the vc issues..or any further information on whether Icaro plan to build a native fsx version?

If not...maybe a payware developer would be interested?

...Milviz??? ;p :d

Aussiecop
December 29th, 2010, 08:27
It's one in the bin of "possibles" for us in 2011 but that will depend on other commercial obligations as well as out already scheduled and in production 3 models.

kilo delta
December 29th, 2010, 09:38
It's one in the bin of "possibles" for us in 2011 but that will depend on other commercial obligations as well as out already scheduled and in production 3 models.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Thanks for replying,Aussiecop. :)