PDA

View Full Version : You Take Em For Granted...

EasyEd
September 19th, 2010, 16:04
Hey All

but if these people didn't do what they do you could not do what you do.

You can consider this my shout out to the folks working hard 14+ hour days across the prairies of North America, across Europe and Russia. Wish I could be there.

The best way to view these videos is to turn the sound off on the first video (not your speakers but on the video) start it and then start the second video - leave the sound on the second video. Be sure you can see both videos at the same time. Makes for a nice combo.

h-_waDOz9jg&feature=related
qZTmv1UMebc

-Ed-

PS MF stands for Massey Ferguson - but some people think it means something else. :bump:

jmig
September 20th, 2010, 03:30
I read once about how those guys start in the Texas panhandle during the early summer and slowly work their way up north as the wheat ripens. In the article it stated how one of the guys slept for 5 mins. on the hood of a pickup. he got rest whenever he could.

EasyEd
September 20th, 2010, 07:21
Hey All,

Yes generally south to north but it depends on the crop, planting time, growing conditions, etc. They do generally get more rest than 5 mins on a truck but the days are long. Lot a people from all over the world would like to go on a harvest run.

Just something about putting food on the table - makes the life we have in the USA possible.

-Ed-

PS The music is great - not much else to do in La Crete Alberta.

Henry
September 20th, 2010, 07:38
there are at least 2 staff members that do that
and from where im from most of the people are doing the same
not myself thats hard work an im allergic to massey fergusons
but i do strongly appreciate those folks
H

Bjoern
September 20th, 2010, 10:32
Sr30FEkfevo

Catchy tune. And quite funny to boot. :d