PDA

View Full Version : Rudel`s BMW for sale.

Jaxon
September 19th, 2010, 14:32
Hi all,
sligthly off topic, but might be of interest anyhow, so I want to share:

My other Hobby is my 1984` BMW 635 CSi and in the German BMW E24 type forum was a link to this nice 1971' BMW E9 3,0 CS/A posted,
which was once owned by H.J. Rudel:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=135980422

Notice the bronze-plate on the dashboard!
And it is an Automatik-driven car, probably due to his missing right underleg.

I personally love the lines of the E9 and I dream of having both nice classic BMW Coupés in my garage one day.
Unfortunately, I just don`t have the money right now, or it would already 'been mine.

Here are some pics. My E24 is at the left. Just as silver as his E9.
Too bad, would be a nice pair next to each other.

1929419293http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

Jagdflieger
September 19th, 2010, 19:03
I'll bet that Oberst Rudel wished that his BMW was powered by a Jumo 211.

Shessi
September 20th, 2010, 01:02
Hi Jaxon,
Absolutely love the old 6 series!

Saw it on the series 'Moonlighting' back in the early 80's and just thought beautiful.....

An old neighbour of mine had a 628 and then a 633 for while, but it's just got be a 635 or ultimately an M635.

Very nice Michael! Your 635 looks in excellent condition, congratulations.

The classic lines of the 3.0L CS/CSL. BMW's look good in silver, don't they?

Being an ardent Nazi, Rudel went off to Argentina just after the war. The house in the background looks hispanic in style, did Rudel return to Germany or was the car brought back from there?

Cheers

Shessi

Jaxon
September 20th, 2010, 01:41
Well, I think he bought it when back in Germany - note, that the car was built in 1971, 26 years after WW2 ended.

I had a 628 roughly 10 years ago and loved it. When I pulled it out my uncles barn again earlier this year, I decided not to build this one up again, but to look for a 635 in better condition.
I bought this one in spring this year and overhauled several technical parts. Even after 26 years this car is amazing. With roughly 240km/h topspeed even today it is in the upper third of cars on the road. Besides it is really beautiful.