PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Drive-In last night...

Cloud9Gal
September 19th, 2010, 12:10
Hubby and I went to the Drive-In, where we saw the movie "The Town", with Ben Affleck, Jeremy Renner (played in The Hurt Locker) and Jon Hamm.

The movie critics give it a B and the Yahoo users give it an A-

Could not agree more with the rating. LOVED that movie! If you have a chance to go see it, I encourage you to! You won't be disappointed! Action-packed :)

We gave it two thumbs up!

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/mo/137_the-town_poster.jpg (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810112712/info)

rpjkw
September 19th, 2010, 13:12
A REAL, honest-to-goodness drive-in?????? Wow! I thought they'd gone the way of the dinosaurs years ago. I used to prefer them over the theaters.

Bob

Cloud9Gal
September 19th, 2010, 13:17
A REAL, honest-to-goodness drive-in?????? Wow! I thought they'd gone the way of the dinosaurs years ago. I used to prefer them over the theaters.

Bob

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2553/2553831mgw4mw82p9.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Yes! A real honest-to-goodness drive-in! LOL! I love it! I get to bring my pillow and a blanket! Yay!

They have a total of 4 screens.

Here's the link to check it out- http://www.dependabledrivein.com/

Navy Chief
September 19th, 2010, 13:24
Thanks for the review on the movie. Was wondering how it was received.

There's a drive-in about a 1/2 hour's drive from me, in Blue Ridge, GA.

Haven't been there in ages. Maybe now's the time to go. Not as many mosquitos.

NC

jmig
September 19th, 2010, 13:30
I can't remember "seeing" many movies in drive-ins. Somehow the windows always fogged up?

Wing_Z
September 19th, 2010, 13:34
Yes! A real honest-to-goodness drive-in! LOL! I love it! I get to bring my pillow and a blanket! Yay!

PLEASE NOTE IT IS GETTING DARK EARLIER SO WE START EARLIER
lol only in the Drive-In.
I also didn't know there were any left!
I had my first ...umm...
Wow!

Cloud9Gal
September 19th, 2010, 13:35
I can't remember "seeing" many movies in drive-ins. Somehow the windows always fogged up?

Ah but jmig, that's what happens when you're full of hot air......:bump:

PRB
September 19th, 2010, 13:43
Ah but jmig, that's what happens when you're full of hot air......:bump:

LOL, ouchie! Well, I've only been to one signle drive in movie in my entire life, some years ago. Like John, I don't remeber what was playing, and for the same reason! I do remember it was my 1971 VW Bus that we "drove in", hehe. Lots of room in those.

jmig
September 19th, 2010, 13:45
LOL, ouchie! Well, I've only been to one signle drive in movie in my entire life, some years ago. Like John, I don't remeber what was playing, and for the same reason! I do remember it was my 1971 VW Bus that we "drove in", hehe. Lots of room in those.

Ouuuuuu a VW bus. I always envied those guys!

And C9G, the fogging did not come from the hot air. It came from the...the...the....difference in outside and inside temperatures. :d

Cazzie
September 19th, 2010, 13:55
Right across from Greater Pittsburgh Airport. Once had five in Danville, now zero, miss the drive-ins, bring your own food, smoke pot, drink beer, lounge outside the car. I hate progress.

Cloud9Gal
September 19th, 2010, 14:08
Right across from Greater Pittsburgh Airport. Once had five in Danville, now zero, miss the drive-ins, bring your own food, smoke pot, drink beer, lounge outside the car. I hate progress.

Yep! You've been there!

Willy
September 19th, 2010, 14:37
Last drive in I went to was with my brother in a new Jeep CJ with the top off. We saw "The Long Riders" and it busted loose with a heavy rain in the middle of the movie. Got pretty soaked, but had a good time.

stansdds
September 19th, 2010, 16:03
Drive-in's disappeared around here a long time ago. Some simply closed, others became "R" and "X" rated drive-ins, then closed, often under local pressures.

flaminghotsauce
September 19th, 2010, 16:44
Ack. Our local drive-in was fun fun fun. We had lots of laughs taking the kids to see kid movies and sitting outside, yea! The owners were looking for a good reason to quit, they were getting old. But year after year they kept going until we had some straight line winds that tore down the screen. That was their sign from God to finally give it up. Sad. I drive by it every day, and the concession stand is slowly disintegrating.... :-(

Cloud9Gal
September 19th, 2010, 16:50
Ack. Our local drive-in was fun fun fun. We had lots of laughs taking the kids to see kid movies and sitting outside, yea! The owners were looking for a good reason to quit, they were getting old. But year after year they kept going until we had some straight line winds that tore down the screen. That was their sign from God to finally give it up. Sad. I drive by it every day, and the concession stand is slowly disintegrating.... :-(

flaminghotsauce~ I know the feeling! It happened to our drive-in, back home. (I see you are new, so back home for me is Canada)
What used to be such a fun place, where many childhood memories were created, became an abandoned area....really sad!

johnh_049
September 19th, 2010, 18:14
haven't been to a drivein since me and the 1st ex split up....
about 30 years ago....
only one left in this area shows X-rated...