PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Aircraft Selection List (FSXA.)

PutPut
September 18th, 2010, 08:23
Here is a new one to me. All at once 2 planes have disappeared from the Aircraft Selection list. They were there and suddenly, gone. Everything else is in order. These are 2 current projects and I am sure they disappeared after the most recent compile. The new stuff in the most recent compile does show in the sim when I call up the appropriate flight. However, they are gone from the selection list. Anyone know what is happening?

Thanks, Paul :salute:

n4gix
September 18th, 2010, 08:33
I don't have a clue myself.

I just noticed yesterday afternoon that one of the liveries for my SR22 G3 Turbo reports "Unable to display model" yet...

...that specific livery uses the same model folder as all of the others! Go figure!

Maybe the moon's in the wrong phase with the alignment of Venus or somesuch nonsense... :isadizzy:

Mr.Mugel
September 18th, 2010, 09:07
Hey Paul, could you check the aircraft.cfg files of the aircraft that disappeared? I have had the same problem, lost quite a lot of planes over the days. The aircraft.cfg files show just empty when I open them in editor, but they have a filesize on disk. At least it would mean I am not alone with that problem.

Bad news is that I havenīt found a solution yet, and when I asked here no solution was found either.

PutPut
September 18th, 2010, 09:22
Hey Paul, could you check the aircraft.cfg files of the aircraft that disappeared? I have had the same problem, lost quite a lot of planes over the days. The aircraft.cfg files show just empty when I open them in editor, but they have a filesize on disk. At least it would mean I am not alone with that problem.

Bad news is that I havenīt found a solution yet, and when I asked here no solution was found either.

The first thing I checked was the .cfg files as I think that is the key for the selection list. They are correct in both cases, don't see any missing data.

Confused, Paul

stiz
September 18th, 2010, 09:22

just a random stab in the dark, tried renameing to something else then back to .cfg?

falcon409
September 18th, 2010, 09:33
. . . .also, any changes to the panel config lately? A mismatched panel entry will eliminate an airplane in a heartbeat. . .ie: the panel folder is labeled panel.1 and the aircraft.cfg entry has panel=. . .or vice versa.

PutPut
September 18th, 2010, 10:21
Well, I just went backwards; I decided to reinstall FSX in the repair mode. When I finished FSX gives me a "fatal error" during startup. I am finishing a backup (I am pretty good about having stuff already backed up) and then I will completely unistall and reinstall.

Later (much later) Paul

PutPut
September 18th, 2010, 14:45
I totally uninstalled FSXA and reinstalled it. I added the necessary backups and reset the settings I needed. Looks good and runs well, maybe because I took the opportunity to get rid of a lot of garbage.
When all said and done my 2 latest projects still do not show in the aircraft selelction list. I have one backed up in a flight, but not the other. What is really weird is it acts like they are there but just not visible. I say that because the one I have in a flight shows anything I add and recompile.
Is there any way I can create a flight for the other if it is not in the list?

Thanks, Paul

ZEUS67
September 18th, 2010, 15:10
I totally uninstalled FSXA and reinstalled it. I added the necessary backups and reset the settings I needed. Looks good and runs well, maybe because I took the opportunity to get rid of a lot of garbage.
When all said and done my 2 latest projects still do not show in the aircraft selelction list. I have one backed up in a flight, but not the other. What is really weird is it acts like they are there but just not visible. I say that because the one I have in a flight shows anything I add and recompile.
Is there any way I can create a flight for the other if it is not in the list?

Thanks, Paul

You have to open the .FLT file saved in your Flight Simulator Files in your My Documents folder. There you will find the internal name that fsx uses to load an aircraft.

The entry looks like this:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Lockheed Martin F-16C USAF 20th

If you change that name, you will load another aircraft. That way you can load your missing aircraft for the time being until you fix your problem.

PutPut
September 18th, 2010, 15:38
Now, that is a neat trick I didn't know. Worked like a charm! Many Thanks!

Paul

Here is the missing plane, Convair Tradewind