PDA

View Full Version : enhanced port moresby default base uploaded

dog1
November 22nd, 2008, 01:56
this comes with the port and the enhanced airbase.This is a big one with over 500 objects and my first attempt with more than one gsl file.The layout is also included for those who wish to build missions only.You can fly over the hump and attack Buna and Lai or even further gas permitting or defend the port from an incoming betty attack.
dog1

Skipsan
November 22nd, 2008, 05:16
Great news Dog, looking forward to it:jump:

Thank you:applause::applause::applause:

Skipsan:kilroy:

OTTO
November 22nd, 2008, 05:49
Looks like a brand new old flight sim.
Great idea Dog 1 ! :ernae:
Many Thanks for your hard work !
OTTO :d

olaf1924
November 22nd, 2008, 07:34
DOG1 thank you for the hard work ! :medals::medals:

Pips
November 23rd, 2008, 03:58
This looks really really impressive Dog1. Many thanks.

By the by does it conflict with MR's Papua New Guines scenery?

dog1
November 23rd, 2008, 05:02
PIPS

No it does not conflict at all.You will be soon receiving Munda and Vila,MR has developed Vella Lavella which is in his solomons pack these will not conflict at all as well .However i will point out that Munda and Vila will conflict with his Ondonga scenery pack,unfortunately one GOB overlaps the other so you will have to uninstall one or the other.I am enhancing only all the cfs2 default bases or adding like IJN Tulagi.
dog1

langereis
November 23rd, 2008, 22:34
Hi Dog1,

Great sceneries. Truly a milestone for CFS2.:ernae::ernae::ernae:

However I have a problem:

After installing the new Espiritu Santo scenery (see screenshots) as instructed in the new readme file with the new download, I did the same with the new Port Moresby scenery (see screenshots). Quite simple.

However all the other scenery (default, Maskrider’s scenery and so on) is completely gone.
This only after installing Port Moresby scenery. As described in the new readme file.
When I changed back with a complete back up of the GSL file (without Espiritu Santo and Port Moresby scenery) all the normal scenery was recovered, so I installed Espiritu Santo scenery again: no problem with the default scenery and so and with Espiritu Santo. (Port Moresby remeoves also Espiritu Santo scenery).

What went wrong?

Kind regards

dog1
November 24th, 2008, 01:11
I would like experts like maskrider to comment on this,he knows for sure.I believe he is away for a weeck.In my upcoming vila and munda which i will release together i will state that its either these 2 or maskriders ondonga you have to uninstall one to play the others and vice versa i have not found a way of merging them all together..That is because one GOB area will overlap the other,this does not happen with default sceneries.Vila does not blot MR's vella lavella. Lets hope MR is back soon and i will ask him to comment since this is very important indeed in players mananging all whats coming to them soon.I will also add from now on in the new read me's a paragraph on how to organize the files enabling players to get organized when switching from one scenery to another .a very important hurdle is going to be the 100 plane limit,that is why my work as has to be as standardized and concise as possible but not boring.
dog1

Rami
November 24th, 2008, 03:15
Dog1,

Excellent work. These look outstanding! :ernae:

gedm
December 5th, 2008, 12:53
Dog1, I just got your enhanced Port Moresby installed and all I can say is wow!
Now I've got to get your other works up and running as time allows.

Thank you! :ernae: :friday:

Pen32Win
December 5th, 2008, 16:33
Ah Dog1-san;

Your problem with Munda/Ondonga is easy to solve with the proper leverage.

I know you have GSL Edit and it's the only tool you'll need other than Notepad.

1. Install MR's Ondonga.
2. In GSLEdit create a MB Layout of the Munda GOB.
3. Open MB and hit CTRL+L, Select the Munda Layout you just created and have it place the objects in their original position.
4. Delete all of the Objects at Munda Airfield.
5. Select all of the objects at Ondonga Airfield.
6. Hit CTRL+W and Save Ondonga as a New Layout file.
7. Now open the Ondonga Layout you just created and copy all of the Objects. Leave out the header.
8. Open the Layout You created of your Upgraded Munda and paste the lines you just copied into it. Add them at the bottom, don't overwrite any of your stuff.
9. Save the new Combined Ondonga/Munda Layout.
10. Open GSLEdit Again and install the Layout you just created.

When you go into CFS2 you will now have both your upgraded Munda and MR's Ondonga.

Hope this helps your cause, keep up the great work.

BTW, are you going to repackage PM as a zip file instead of a rar file?