PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns for the BoB install

mrjmaint
September 17th, 2010, 13:55
First off I would like to start off with a salute :salute: to Pat the team for their work on the BoB install package.
This is something I have always wanted to see for CFS3. :jump: Great job! :ernae:

Because of my interest in the BoB I created for my personal use a BoB campaign xml for ETO complete with heavily modified spawn files for the campaign. I have not posted the campaign for ETO because I made modifications to the ETO spawn selector, a few aircraft, and included some ships that are not standard with ETO and was concerned about permissions. I know I have been told to include links and give credit and ask for permissions, but some of what I used has been gained over the years and I have no idea of where I got the files. When I was ready to post a while back there was the threads condemning those who have published files without giving the proper credit, which I agree with, so not wanting to offend I held back from posting the ETO version.

In looking at the new BoB install I can see that all of what I have done can be modified to the BoB install and I would like to do that.

I have already taken the first step of converting the Campaign xmls to the BoB Install. But I have found that the stock spawn files do not work. They crash the game in campaign mode. I copied my BoB ETO spawn files to the BoB install and they will work in campaign mode.

I would like to ask permission of the ETO team and Pat to adapt the ETO Spawn selector to BoB.
I would start out making 3 choices, 1) Random Spawn Disabled, 2) Allied side BoB campaign, and 3) Axis side BoB campaign. For the BoB I do not see a need to have a Stock Spawn Mode so the Spawn disabled would be the default.

Another question. Is there a way to add the FAA and or CC to the list of nationalities in the BoB install?
In the campaign it would be nice to have the choice of also playing as the FAA or Costal Command.

Again I would like to say thanks for the great job that is being done on the BoB Install.

loverboy1
September 17th, 2010, 17:31
wow this sounds exciting and a real serious attempt to add on and make a the bobs- missions ongoing in there own formatt a start like maw had once i guess and alike

hoping to see this form out and be allowed accepted tried and proven for the clan the den of male/female simmers who love the jest and make up of the

BATTLE OF BRTIAIN

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

lb/joshua

HouseHobbit
September 17th, 2010, 19:23
First off I would like to start off with a salute :salute: to Pat the team for their work on the BoB install package.
This is something I have always wanted to see for CFS3. :jump: Great job! :ernae:

Because of my interest in the BoB I created for my personal use a BoB campaign xml for ETO complete with heavily modified spawn files for the campaign. I have not posted the campaign for ETO because I made modifications to the ETO spawn selector, a few aircraft, and included some ships that are not standard with ETO and was concerned about permissions. I know I have been told to include links and give credit and ask for permissions, but some of what I used has been gained over the years and I have no idea of where I got the files. When I was ready to post a while back there was the threads condemning those who have published files without giving the proper credit, which I agree with, so not wanting to offend I held back from posting the ETO version.

In looking at the new BoB install I can see that all of what I have done can be modified to the BoB install and I would like to do that.

I have already taken the first step of converting the Campaign xmls to the BoB Install. But I have found that the stock spawn files do not work. They crash the game in campaign mode. I copied my BoB ETO spawn files to the BoB install and they will work in campaign mode.

I would like to ask permission of the ETO team and Pat to adapt the ETO Spawn selector to BoB.
I would start out making 3 choices, 1) Random Spawn Disabled, 2) Allied side BoB campaign, and 3) Axis side BoB campaign. For the BoB I do not see a need to have a Stock Spawn Mode so the Spawn disabled would be the default.

Another question. Is there a way to add the FAA and or CC to the list of nationalities in the BoB install?
In the campaign it would be nice to have the choice of also playing as the FAA or Costal Command.

Again I would like to say thanks for the great job that is being done on the BoB Install.

I think This has be adapted (spawn selector )already for CFS 3 and posted in a set of missions if I remember right....

I can't speak for Pat and the team , But I believe Pat wanted this to be developed.. By all who have the ability, so as to improve the set up..
Not to worry they all are a Great bunch of men, and as long as credit is given where it is deserved..I think all shall be well..

ETO team is also a great bunch of men also and again giving credit were it is due, I am sure they would concider this..
They let me play as a team member also, so you know they have to be understanding.. Heck They have their own Hobbit
wrecking all the aircraft and stuff often..

Just my opinion..

Led Zeppelin
September 18th, 2010, 00:48
Sounds good but what a huge amount of work!

mrjmaint
September 18th, 2010, 05:23
Led Zeppelin

Sounds good but what a huge amount of work!

Yes and No. I have already finished the modification of the ETO spawn selector for BoB.
I already have the spawn files modified for a BoB campaign because I had them done for my ETO version of a BoB campaign. I will say building and testing spawn files is a lot of work, but for me it is fun.

HouseHobbit
September 18th, 2010, 22:11
BRAVO!!! This is unbelievable..
it is among the Best work I have ever seen!!!
This needs badly to be addressed, in a very postive way..
BRAVO..

rbp71854
September 19th, 2010, 02:52

I do not have a problem if you modify the master eto expansion spawn selector for use in the BOB Install. Loic did the individual campaign spawn selectors and he would have to agree to any mods to them.

Bob

Led Zeppelin
September 19th, 2010, 09:34
I'm agree!

HouseHobbit
September 19th, 2010, 13:52
There was one correction needed in the ETO package, I sent it to the author..(mrjmaint)
Flyer 01 found it when he tried the package.. BRAVO..

I am very pleased all have agreed from the team..
BRAVO Gentlemen..

Your all okay I don't care what your ex wifes say..:icon_lol:

Like anyone listens to ex wifes anyway..:icon_lol: