PDA

View Full Version : Invasion Day on Pantelleria (based on historical facts):-TKS PRANG IS THIS FOR ETO

loverboy1
September 17th, 2010, 11:10
i see this mission must be slow in my old age by prang ...looks sweet , is this for maw or eto i only have eto and wish to fly this baby

tks anyway PRANG

Invasion Day on Pantelleria (based on historical facts):
PR - 99th in Action, Pantelleria 1:

BeauBrummie
September 17th, 2010, 12:06
It's an island off Sicilly Josh, so I'd guess it's MAW you want.

Led Zeppelin
September 17th, 2010, 12:29
Downloaded, I'll try this one but don't know when.

Old Tiger
September 17th, 2010, 14:48
It's an island off Sicilly Josh, so I'd guess it's MAW you want.

:wavey:It's a MAW mission, but it's missing a vehicle called 'g_sidecar1' Looked all over for it. No luck.:salute:

PRang
September 17th, 2010, 15:12

Hi

It should have been part of MAW vehicles

If you cannot find it; here it is

Hope you enjoy it; more to come I hope

God bless

PRang

Old Tiger
September 17th, 2010, 15:21

Hi

It should have been part of MAW vehicles

If you cannot find it; here it is

Hope you enjoy it; more to come I hope

God bless

PRang

:wavey:Thank you sir:ernae::ernae::salute:

Old Tiger
September 18th, 2010, 08:37
:wavey:Hey PRang is this that 'g_sidecar1' use in your missions? BTW Great missions:salute:

PRang
September 18th, 2010, 10:44
Old Tiger

I have not been that close to the ground to be sure (LOL); but, I do believe that is the one.

Thanks

God bless

PRang :wavey:

Led Zeppelin
September 19th, 2010, 12:06
Ok, all 4 missions tested, here are my comments:

-> It took me quite some time before I could make these ones working because there are many items (ships, vehicules, facilities...) that are from ETO. I replaced all the missing parts by MAW ones, I've only imported the smoke columns. This was the 'boring' part of the installation.

-> Sicily 2: what you can do is to replace the Lysander by the Stinson L5 available at AvH, it will add more immersion as the Lysander was not a frontline aircraft anymore at this stage of the war: http://avhistory.org/communityserver/files/folders/us_army_air_corp/entry1307.aspx

Don't know why but the Fi156 and the Lysander required for this mission are unkown, they are not from MAW.

-> I've replaced Ostwind and Wilberwind by g_flaktrack as they were not yet available at that time. I've not checked but I'm pretty sure.

-> Sicily 1: I've not been intercepted by enemy fighters. I've slightly changed the wapoints of these fighters and added a 1 hour loop where the bombers have to attack.

-> Pantelleria 1: I was really happy to see French forces in the air, what a good surprise! I've replaced the D520 by a Spitfire standalone I've made with the No.326 Sqn, GCII/7 "Nice" skin available at Reg's. http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20Skins/nigels%20spits/Regs%20Spitfire%20skins%20.htm#
The GC II/7 was engaged during Operation Corkscrew and was tasked for convoys protection. I don't have much informations, I just know they destroyed an aircraft during this period.
The D520 was not used anymore as a frontline fighter at this stage of the war by allied forces.

-> I really enjoyed flying these missions based on historical context and events, they are immersive.

-> The work performed on all the facilities/ships/vehicules placements is impressive, especially in Pantelleria 1 & 2. What a huge amont of work, this is so time consuming!! This unique environment you've created make all the difference and bring the major part of the immersion. Moreover, these missions can be used as templates to create others quite easily. I hope you'll build a few more, using some of Nigel's new 109's for exemple.

To finish with, I've got a question: how do you place all the facilities? I hate doing this, it is so painful with the rubish mission builder. I'm curious about this and how you've done. Placing the Pantalleria port with the invasion fleet, the defending artillery guns an so on must have been a particulary difficult task.

Thank you!