PDA

View Full Version : mp3 players

pilottj
September 17th, 2010, 11:04
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for MP3 players. I am looking for one that has decent capacity, but most importantly I would like it to be able to play while being charged like by a car charger.

Cheers
TJ

Navy Chief
September 17th, 2010, 12:25
This is cheap, and works absolutely fantastic!

Yes, it will recharge on car power. Just get a USB-12volt car charging plug. Found one easily.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125132&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-MP3+/+MP4+Players-_-SanDisk-_-55125132

brad kaste
September 17th, 2010, 15:08
...If you've got the cash,...go with the Apple Ipod. You can download Apple's I-Tunes onto your computer at no cost. It's free. Obviosly, it's is set up to handle your Ipod music files. It interfaces sweetly. A no brainer. I use it all the time when I travel any distances,....

For so many bucks extra,...you can pick up a power jack for the car at any Apple store.

Cloud9Gal
September 17th, 2010, 15:29
I agree with Brad!

I love my iTouch!

Bjoern
September 17th, 2010, 15:49
Go for anything BUT an iPod. Even the most basic MP3 Player from Samsung or Philips does the same stuff for a fraction of the cost.

- Edit: Or just get a new mobile phone. Every half-decent one has enough memory and a music player function.

jmig
September 17th, 2010, 15:54
I have a Creative 8gig Zen I will let go for cheap! It is a good player, but the iTouch has it beat head over heals.

Lionheart
September 17th, 2010, 16:04
iPod Touch is expensive, but you get so much with it. Figure its similar to a mini laptop that is wallet sized but thinner, and a Sony PCP (or what ever that large hand held gaming thing is), and a video player with high rez screen, as well as a digital camera, a digital camcorder with built in film editing program, etc, etc, etc...

But.......! If you just want a basic small pocket MP3 player, try the Apple Nano. Its bigger then a postage stamp, has 8 or 16 Gigs, can hold photos, has a bunch of neat features, a built in large clip, FM radio, clock/watch, and spinnable touch screen. (I want one.. but use the iPhone for all my music and stuff, so I probably wouldnt use it much).

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

EDIT: Sony PSP3 is what I was trying to say above, that the iPod is slightly similar to but more compact.

pilottj
September 17th, 2010, 16:31
thanks everyone for your responses:salute:
Hey Chief thats great it is rechargable, will it play while it is recharging? I had one that recharged but wouldn't play while in the recharging mode. Basically I would like it to run on the car's power :jump:

Navy Chief
September 17th, 2010, 17:17
thanks everyone for your responses:salute:
Hey Chief thats great it is rechargable, will it play while it is recharging? I had one that recharged but wouldn't play while in the recharging mode. Basically I would like it to run on the car's power :jump:

Yes, it plays while recharging. I have two of these players. THinking of buying another one!!!

It really is a great player. Not just for the price either!!!

NC

pilottj
September 17th, 2010, 17:46
think i'll jump on that one while that sale is on :) thank you very much sir :)

Quixoticish
September 18th, 2010, 00:38
IPod Classic is the only thing on the market with a decent storage capacity at the moment.

TeaSea
September 18th, 2010, 05:29
My vote for your stated requirement...., cheap and effective, go with the Chief's suggestion.

I have one and it works great at what its designed to do (store and play music). And if you lose it in the gym....well, you're out $30.

A simple cable allows you to hook it up to a GA airplanes intercom (although I've noticed if you pull out the audio plug with the unit on, it will short the battery to nothing, requiring a complete recharge....strange that).

I would add that this assumes you don't want to store your entire music library in your hand....if that's the case, then you're off to the races with Chris H (exactly what my brother has, for that stated purpose -- and he loves his).

Navy Chief
September 18th, 2010, 07:05
think i'll jump on that one while that sale is on :) thank you very much sir :)

TJ,

If you DO get a Sansa Clip, I highly recommend going to Ebay and buying a silicone protective case for it. Cheap, and you'll be glad you got one. There are other colors available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILICONE-SKIN-CASE-SANDISK-SANSA-CLIP-1GB-2GB-4GB-/380268427166?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item5889c3b79e