PDA

View Full Version : So,..what's the deal with Avsim?

OleBoy
September 16th, 2010, 13:42
I log in the yesterday and all was good. I log in there today, all is good, When I try to post, I get a redirect that says "Your posting rights have been removed by the administrators" What the!!
....This is not the first occurrence. It happens a few times a week. It's more trouble than I care to deal with just to get my measly repaints in their archives. :173go1:

Fix it.................please!!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 16th, 2010, 15:02
Are you getting this when uploading a file or in the forums?

gera
September 17th, 2010, 08:41
To me AVSIM is kaput!! Dead as a door nail...since their "crash"(????) the place is a wreck, uploads crash, the forum letīs you in or not, the files are not there....they are no more in my PC....no more.:gameoff::gameoff:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 17th, 2010, 09:33
Isolated problems are to be expected when changes are being done to infrastructure, new forum software , the recent change to a single user name login for both the forum and file library as well as the current building of the new website by a dedicated team of volunteers could account for some of the issues that are cropping up .

A great deal of care and attention have been spent rebuilding Avsim from a hack , further a great number of Sim Sites have been hacked of late , one might imagine a bit of charity and patience could be had on the part of the simming public for the efforts spent on their behalf by a great many people.

C.Jodry Managing Editor Avsim.com

Francois
September 17th, 2010, 10:21
As a recent 'victim' myself I can only agree Chuck.

warchild
September 17th, 2010, 11:47
Ya knowww, these hacks kinda remind me of back in 89 when there werent any virus's. First you had the anti virus software, and then you had the virus's..not pointing fingers but it Kinda makes you wonder who's behind it all... or was that too subtle??

Warrant
September 17th, 2010, 12:30
Just a stupid question, is the upload file in a regular zip file format? I mean,no zipx or something like that? That happened to be a reason for a similar bounce of uploads in the past for me.
If anything else is wrong with the file, the webmasters from AVSIM will contact you (second post in your mailbox). The only other reason might be a detected virus.

I have to admit though sometimes a bit "grumpy", the AVSIM admins have always been straight forward and reasonable with me.

OleBoy
September 17th, 2010, 12:51
Hi Chuck,

This is just when trying t get in the forums.
....The login issues are off and on. One day it's fine, the next day it said I was logged in, then the redirect and the administrators message as stated above. I can't see it being on my end as I've checked everything and deleted cookies. No spyware, no virus's. I even went as far as deleting all the temp files throughout.

Today I bring up Avsim, click on login, and BAM. I'm already logged in. (shrug)

Snave
September 17th, 2010, 13:47
Ya knowww, these hacks kinda remind me of back in 89 when there werent any virus's. First you had the anti virus software, and then you had the virus's..not pointing fingers but it Kinda makes you wonder who's behind it all... or was that too subtle??

Yes, I know what you mean. I've just reinstalled Windows on my C:\ drive and y'know? Despite not installing any of the 87 !URGENT! Windows security fixes my house hasn't burned down, the world has not stopped turning, and the Pope ain't been shot...

Not only that, everything seems to be running more smooooothly than usual.

Yes, it does make you wonder... :wavey:

nio
September 17th, 2010, 14:46
Yes, I know what you mean. I've just reinstalled Windows on my C:\ drive and y'know? Despite not installing any of the 87 !URGENT! Windows security fixes my house hasn't burned down, the world has not stopped turning, and the Pope ain't been shot...

Not only that, everything seems to be running more smooooothly than usual.

Yes, it does make you wonder... :wavey:

Erm close!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11346001

Snave
September 17th, 2010, 14:52
Yes, thanks, I was being ironic. :salute:

For the benefit of certain foreign brethren who don't seem to be able to grasp the global nature of this forum. :applause:

Waddya know, Willy! it's a BBC link... the Brits get what the yanks so insularly miss. There is a world outside Tennessee. Apology awaited, y'all.

txnetcop
September 17th, 2010, 17:49

For the benefit of certain foreign brethren who don't seem to be able to grasp the global nature of this forum. :applause:

Waddya know, Willy! it's a BBC link... the Brits get what the yanks so insularly miss. There is a world outside Tennessee. Apology awaited, y'all.

I can hardly wait for Willy's reply...you're gonna be taking a vacation to another forum!!!

Henry
September 17th, 2010, 17:53

actually i am a Brit and i hope i never get to meet you
sometimes global is a good thing
you my "friend" are a disgrace to be associated with England
H
and actually i believe that a statement like that to an admin
is a perfectly good reason to Ban you
HB

Rich
September 17th, 2010, 18:24
Many thanks to the mods for the ban, like Henry I am British living in the Philippines and detest the sort of posts made here.

"you my "friend" are a disgrace to be associated with England", Henry I am Welsh so a disgrace to me too

OleBoy
September 17th, 2010, 19:11
I was wanting to know why this topic got led astray as it did. I made my point when I posted, and Chuck was kind enough and quick to respond to the trouble. Nothing more was needed at that point IMO.

Warrant
September 17th, 2010, 19:32
I was wanting to know why this topic got led astray as it did. I made my point when I posted, and Chuck was kind enough and quick to respond to the trouble. Nothing more was needed at that point IMO.

Did you get your thing with AVSIM sorted out allright?

OleBoy
September 17th, 2010, 19:44
To my knowledge no. But I haven't tried to login today. I guess I should try right now. I'll report the results.

Surprise surprise..I'm in. Maybe Chuck looked into the issue.
....If you did, Thanks Chuck :)

fsafranek
September 20th, 2010, 14:37
The only problem I've ever had at Avsim is that the old forum sometimes wouldn't recognise me no matter what. The new one seems better in that respect. Did notice they had no new files listed a couple days ago so maybe having some back office problems. I have a routine of sites I visit every day and avsim is always first. SOH is fourth but only because I want to get checking on new files out of the way before I join in any conversations.

Henry, Thank You! :salute:
:ernae:

OleBoy
October 12th, 2010, 08:21
Here we go again. What joy. Login issues. :angryfir:

I won't be uploading there anymore.

Thoe6969
October 12th, 2010, 09:40
Glad he is gone.He's so anti US I can shurly see why he would be a disgrace to to the British folks around here.

OleBoy
October 12th, 2010, 10:15
Glad he is gone.He's so anti US I can shurly see why he would be a disgrace to to the British folks around here.

Meaning?

Roger
October 12th, 2010, 10:21
Meaning?

He's refering to snave.

OleBoy
October 12th, 2010, 10:27
He's referiing to snave.

Thanks Roger. I was thinking huh?

modelr
October 12th, 2010, 14:49
The only problem I've ever had at Avsim is that the old forum sometimes wouldn't recognise me no matter what. The new one seems better in that respect. Did notice they had no new files listed a couple days ago so maybe having some back office problems. I have a routine of sites I visit every day and avsim is always first. SOH is fourth but only because I want to get checking on new files out of the way before I join in any conversations.

Henry, Thank You! :salute:
:ernae:

Same here, Frank. This is the only FS forum I post to, but I am signed up with most, just because they require you to be just to look at the pics in threads that might have someting useful, when referred to from SOH. I rarely have problems getting on any of them, so don't know what problems you are having, OleBoy. Maybe it's because I always click on the "keep me logged in" box, when it's available, and I make sure it's in my accepted list in my AV log, so it won't delete the cookies to those sites.

OleBoy
October 12th, 2010, 15:15
Modelr, I do the very same thing.
....A couple months ago I had no troubles. Then out of the blue this started happening over there. At first I thought it was a hiccup due to it was temporary. Then I got in finally for a few days and it happened again!!. I chewed my bullet and a couple hours later things were fine. Now it seems to be happening more and more since. I try to be patient but this crap gets me fumed every time it happens. Not only for the archives but the forum too. Like you said, you have to be logged in to see any pictures. And I know when it happens. Members are talking about a snap shot and I'm thinking HUH? Get off the hooch!! There's nothing there. Then I look and see I'm not logged in...again. I go through the motions, name, password and it tells me I'm logged in. The screen refreshes and I'm not!!. Go figure. I guess I don't know my own log in.

Sorry, as you can tell I'm a wee bit frustrated at the situation. :173go1:

That's OK, I don't care if I upload anything there again. Far as I see it, I'll upload my files here only. I already brushed that dirt off my shoulder

gera
October 13th, 2010, 06:34
You donīt mention Flightsim or Simviation for uploading.....they are the two best outfits, never had any problems with them and maybe you should upload to our friends over in Russia at Avsimrus, they also work very well......I quit Avsim a long time ago for I also had all kinds of situations when logging in..why sweat.
..forgot...surclaro is also very good and has the simplest upload interface which never fails.....Oh well.....

dharris
October 13th, 2010, 08:05
I have been having the reverse problem. I can enter the forums or file downloads, can reach and view the new files but when I go to download a file it comes up with a network error. Been going on a week now. I sent the admins and email but no response as of yet. Will keep trying for awhile longer.

Bjoern
October 13th, 2010, 09:16
I log into Avsim every single day and haven't had a single problem with it ever.