PDA

View Full Version : Air America missions and FSX Vietnam war project.

Vietnam War Project
September 16th, 2010, 10:28
Hello,

Is anyone wanted to do a career in Air America during Vietnam War ?
Flying the great Porter from Tim Piglet, C-123 or Huey over Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia ! :jump:

If anyone could built some missions for such a career or entire career, it would be a very great idea.

We can provide sceneries, and if someone start such a project, we can try to do photoreal sceneries for Long Tien (LS20A) and Phu Pha Ti (LS85).

Best !

Jacques and Xavier
FSX Vietnam War project

falcon409
September 16th, 2010, 10:37
This looks like a good site:
http://www.air-america.org/

gera
September 16th, 2010, 11:27
Hello,

Is anyone wanted to do a career in Air America during Vietnam War ?
Flying the great Porter from Tim Piglet, C-123 or Huey over Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia ! :jump:

If anyone could built some missions for such a career or entire career, it would be a very great idea.

We can provide sceneries, and if someone start such a project, we can try to do photoreal sceneries for Long Tien (LS20A) and Phu Pha Ti (LS85).

Best !

Jacques and Xavier
FSX Vietnam War project

I started one in Laos with C-46īs about a year ago but itīs in mothballs now awaiting for a re-start.....:sleep::sleep:

Vietnam War Project
September 16th, 2010, 13:08
Hello Falcon,

yes it's a good site, with lot of stories, and airplanes informations.

Hello Gera,

maybe time to wake up the crew, is the C-46 come from Guzman and Co (don't remind all names) ?

Best

Xavier

roger-wilco-66
September 19th, 2010, 03:36
Long Tien / Laos would be awesome! Be sure to have a good mesh there, because it is situated in a difficult mountainous region. There is a large hill at one side of the landing strip, which made it a one-way job for starting and landing, at least for larger aircraft (IIRC).
I just have read Tony Hallidays "Flying through midnight", who claims to have landed a crippeled C-123 there (at night!). Great book!

Cheers,
Mark

Vietnam War Project
September 19th, 2010, 09:50
Hi,

We have planned a photoreal version of Long Tien, and looking for meshes ( what are the best meshes for south-east asia, much used and freeware ?)
For those who are looking for challenge, try to land at Long Tien with a C-46 or a C-130 (airplanes used for Hmong people evacuation.)

Gia Nghia airfield - photoreal is quite finished, some neews soon.

Cheers

Xavier
FSX Vietnam War project

roger-wilco-66
September 19th, 2010, 10:37
What about an own mesh for the Vietnam project? Then everyone has the same mesh baseline.
I could see if I get a CGIAR 90m dataset for SE Asia, and compile it at 76m with the FSX SDK resample tool.

LMK if you want it!

Cheers,
Mark

Vietnam War Project
September 19th, 2010, 21:02
Hi Mark,

I use SRTM 3 V2 meshes for all Asia from Taburet and De Ferranti since I start photoreal sceneries.
they are 90m, I 'll try to resample to 76m, I'll contact you to get help if any...

Many thanks, Mark

Cheers

Xavier