PDA

View Full Version : Gymkhana III

djscoo
September 15th, 2010, 12:32
I was thinking this would make a good tire commercial, until the end.
4TshFWSsrn8

kilo delta
September 15th, 2010, 12:50
Awesome car control. :)

Wing_Z
September 15th, 2010, 14:21
Segway drivers have a special calm air of snootiness about them - something about towering over the masses, much like SUV drivers do.

This one didn't even blink when he got nudged by that fire-spitting, raging beast from hell...

Emm, how many horsepower was that??

Dain Arns
September 15th, 2010, 14:32
Segway drivers have a special calm air of snootiness about them - something about towering over the masses, much like SUV drivers do.

This one didn't even blink when he got nudged by that fire-spitting, raging beast from hell...

Emm, how many horsepower was that??

Noted at the starting credits:
650hp
660lb foot torque at the wheels.

In a Ford Fiesta... :icon_lol:

EDIT: Reminds me of the Ford "Shogun" that Jay Leno owns.
a 1989 Ford Festiva with a V6 SHO motor in it...

<object>

<embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=188042&showID=78" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="283" width="384"></object>

n4gix
September 15th, 2010, 14:43
What an incredible waste of nearly eight minutes of my life... :icon31:

Wing_Z
September 15th, 2010, 15:00
Yeah, but you stuck it out, didn't you? :)
Worth it just to see how evil was the grin on the dial of that certifiable looney behind the wheel...

Lionheart
September 15th, 2010, 17:48
Dang, that was awesome... Thanks for the heads up! How to burn out a set of tires in 5 min's...

Wild...!

Do you know how hard that is to do all of that? That guy must think like a car to be able to do donuts like that inside of those barriers without touching them. It was filled with smoke! He lost visual on them. He had to. And he was spinning...!

I used to work on a test track and we had a VDF with a wild high edge to it, like that one but smaller. They are spooky to drive on if you are going slow, you think the car will roll right over. At high speed its a roller coaster ride, lol.. Its barely able to be climbed up, like a wall...

Funny at the end, he was faking to be doing push-ups, lol... The camera was at perhaps 45 degrees angle.

Bill

Brian_Gladden
September 16th, 2010, 11:52
Ken Block is an awesome driver. He used to run for Team Subaru but had a falling out late last year and essentially started Ford back in the Rally business again. They hadn't really been active since the old Group B cars in the late 80's.

Ken's Subaru cars were built just up the road from me (40 miles) in Colchester VT. There's a Youtube clip of him on Top Gear and you can see the Subaru in the opening shot has Vermont license plates. Rally cars are (barely) street legal.

I found the top gear clip. Lots of old planes in the shot. Including what looks like the hulk of a Howard 500 in the boneyard.

lFF2bkiHNVQ

Brian

Wing_Z
September 16th, 2010, 12:40
That clip contains what must surely rank as one of the most astonishing performance machinery shots ever.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SIlliness/HJCAP962.jpg

Just think about setting that one up...

Bjoern
September 16th, 2010, 15:58
I want that Fiesta.