PDA

View Full Version : More Goodies from Vertigo Studios

mal998
September 15th, 2010, 12:18
To go along with their Dakota

Times are good for simmers!

Ian Warren
September 15th, 2010, 17:28
I think this DC-3 will be one heck off a model adding the gliders , wonder if it would possibly work in a multiplay :iidea:

peter12213
September 15th, 2010, 17:38
Nice Horsa! It should be a Hamilcar though! That was remember the for runner to the "BLACKBURN" sorry Skippybing I said it lol, Beverley!

PutPut
September 15th, 2010, 18:36
In the meantime we have Horsa.zip (FSX native) at flightsim and Simviation. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Paul18794187951879618797

Cag40Navy
September 15th, 2010, 19:06
In the meantime we have Horsa.zip (FSX native) at flightsim and Simviation. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Paul18794187951879618797
Dumb question Paul, but what aircraft have you done for FSX? And were can i find them?

PutPut
September 15th, 2010, 19:10
Dumb question Paul, but what aircraft have you done for FSX? And were can i find them?

I upload to www.flightsim.com and www.simviation.com. Go to flightsim and go to their search function and type in Paul Clawson in the text field. The first few pages are FSX native; The file_id says exactly what they are.

Best, Paul

Rich
September 15th, 2010, 20:15
Sorry you have lost me what are you on about, Skippy is working on the Blackburn Buccaneer a entirely different aircraft, twin jet engines and a strike bomber not a 4 piston engined transport.

Nice Horsa! It should be a Hamilcar though! That was remember the for runner to the "BLACKBURN" sorry Skippybing I said it lol, Beverley!

See the forum here

Rich
September 16th, 2010, 22:15
Had 3 flights in Beverley's in the 60's, Singapore to Borneo then back to Singapore 6 months later, a year later from Habilayn in the then Aden protectorate to Dhala in the Radfan mountains, while slow and not very comfortable it was a nice aircraft the only aircraft I was in that was reversing under it's own power, I know others can do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Beverley

More pics of working and not working Beverley's on Habilayn airstrip where I flew out of in A Bev

http://www.flat222.org/gallery2/v/brian/army/Aden-Sharjah/Aden/?g2_page=5

roger-wilco-66
September 16th, 2010, 23:13
Had 3 flights in Beverley's [...]

Hey Rich, interesting pictures of your Aden tour, thanks for sharing this!

I really like those big old transports.

Cheers,
Mark

Rich
September 16th, 2010, 23:26
That site was set up by a old army mate Brian Willoughby who sadly passed away just over 2 years ago we served in Germany, Borneo, Aden and finished up back in Germany.

I sadly have no pics of Dhala airstrip is was a sandy surface, only 1 way in and the same way out as there were mountains about 200 meters from the stop end so no go arounds, The Bev had auto reverse so as soon as there was full weight on the gears it went into reverse and was lost to sight in the ensuing sand/dust storm, hairy even on the ground as the crew could not see where they were going till they pulled the 2 inners out of reverse only learned that after flying in there.

Nearest thing I have to a pic of Dhala airstrip I have this was from Fs9, you can see the no go around mountain behind the strip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/RichRuscoe/BevDhalaclimbout-1.jpg

peter12213
September 17th, 2010, 04:17
It was a joke about the Blackburn Skua on the VS spitfire thread, and he said never to mention the name because when I had posted it a while back he ended up buying books on the Skua and he said he has enough to do with the Bucc lol so I meant Blackburn not beverley, the only reason why I mentioned the Bev was because the Hamilcar glider was the inspiration for the Bev I saw it on a program a while back about the Bev on Discovery!

Great Pics too Rich!