PDA

View Full Version : To celebrate Classics Hangar's anniversary Lt Werner Gerth.

huub vink
September 14th, 2010, 14:10
As announced I did a repaint of the Classics Hangar FW190 A8/R2 for the owners of the late variants package, as they missed the discount offered by Mathias to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of CH.

The repaint depicts the FW190A-8/R2 flown by Lt. Werner Gerth, of 11(Sturm)/JG 3 in July 1944. The first FW190s delivered to IV.(Sturm)/JG3 were finished in a standard RLM 74/75/76 factory scheme, but on several aircraft this was subsequently darkened, as on this machine, where field mixed dark green has been applied over the factory scheme leaving an area of the original colours around the fuselage balkenkreutz. The engine cowling was all black on this machine as introduced by the Kommandeur Hptm. Wilhelm Moritz. Lt Werner Gerth had 19 victories at the end of July 1944, from which most on four engined aircrafts.

The textures have been uploaded here and at Avsim and will becom available once they are approved by the librarian. Both imaginary and historical tail markings are included.

Enjoy,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Gerth_1a.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Gerth_2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Gerth_4.jpg

Scratch
September 14th, 2010, 14:12
Dang Huub, that sure looks fine! Thanks:ernae:

vora
September 14th, 2010, 15:21
Thanks, Huub, great repaint although the seal on the cowling looks a little ... uhm... adults-only :icon_lol:

BTW what happened to the swastika in the last pic?

Alan_A
September 14th, 2010, 18:48

As Huub wrote: "Both imaginary and historical tail markings are included."

HippyEd
September 14th, 2010, 18:56
Did good Huub. ?Thanks.

CodyValkyrie
September 14th, 2010, 19:14
STUNNING work mate. You always impress.

Mathias
September 14th, 2010, 20:56
That's a mean looking bird, Huub! Love it! Thanks you!

Politically corrected tail shot to be posted on forums that fall under the law of Germany. :-)

danyboy21
September 15th, 2010, 02:41
In France, too. Act stupid (my personal opinion).

Great repaint, we ask for more

Thanks Huub

FlameOut
September 15th, 2010, 02:51
From America, we thank you Huub....

huub vink
September 15th, 2010, 08:44
I'm glad you like it. I like black nosed Fw190s as they just look better.

Thanks, Huub, great repaint although the seal on the cowling looks a little ... uhm... adults-only :icon_lol:

The seal on the cowling is the ordinary JG3 Udet logo. I don't see anything special or am I just naive?

As already said, the imaginary tail marking is partly a legal thing, required for some countries. But it is also somthing I would like to offer to people who (still) associate the Swastika with a very wicked and violent regime.

Great repaint, we ask for more

You can always ask, I make no promises, but is there something specific you would like would you like?

In this repaint I included an alternative texture for the payload. This contains a stenciled drop tank. If you would like to use this with other models, you should copy the file "ch_fw190A_payloads_t.dds" in the texture folder from the model you want to use this texture with. This texture can both be used with the early and late variants.

Some people were complaining about blurry textures with 2048 x 2048 textures which included mipmaps. Therefore I have included the main texture without mipmaps. When somebody prefers to have this texture including mipmaps, he can contact me I will/can e-mail them.

Thanks again for your nice reactions,
Huub

PS FlameOut don't forget to retract your flaps ;) And be gentle with the trottle. When you remain above green dot on the revolution counter you will get in trouble! :d

Ian Warren
September 15th, 2010, 17:50
Thankyou Huub , worth the September special , brilliant paint and with the sound package idea for airshow displays from the tower :wavey: