PDA

View Full Version : Bit of help need

noddy
September 12th, 2010, 12:09
I thought I would install FS9 again, however it managed to delete a few things from FSX, being the scenery.cfg, terrain.cfg, all the acceleration airports(did a repair on that, now seems to work).

I re-entered all the airports and scenery again, but with the UK VFR I get this.

And above dillingham

All entries are in there, so not sure what to do now.

blazefox2
September 12th, 2010, 12:12
the best advice i can give is to do a system restore to a point right before they corrupted

noddy
September 12th, 2010, 12:56
Run a restore, but got an error, run it again and got another error so no files changed.

Guess I will have to a re-install of FSX then?

stiz
September 12th, 2010, 13:23
or just a reinstall of the scenery first :)

peter12213
September 12th, 2010, 13:39
Crazy why go back my friend remember those flight dynamics compared to our sim they weren't worth going back too!

peter12213
September 12th, 2010, 13:42
If your having a problem with frame rates or something then please feel free to send me your .cfg over and I'll have a work on it for ya bud!

noddy
September 12th, 2010, 23:17
Frame rates are fine, just the terrain is totally screwed up.

As stated I re-built the scenery.cfg but deleting all entries restarted FSX and added ever one of the addons etc, but looks like it could be the terrain.cfg. Might try to delete that and see what happens.

One thing I did a flight from Friday Harbour, had the trees and airport but everything else was just covered in water, including the hills!!!

If all else fails I will have to unistall ever bit of my scenery addon and re-install.

Chris Sykes
September 13th, 2010, 02:31
Noddy you daft sod!!! You know FS9 will kill your FSX!!!:kilroy: Oh those old dull colours make me wanna puke!:icon_lol:

kilo delta
September 13th, 2010, 02:40
That'll teach ya to cheat on The Dark Side!!!

:d

I'd guess it's a Terrain.cfg problem too. I keep backups of all my cfg files "just in case". If you want mine (providing it'll work with your addons), give me a shout.

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 03:13
Cheers KD, Will give deleting the .cfg ago and take it from there. But will let you know

Just really annoyed as FSX was running so sweet.

Andy

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 12:39
Tried a repair, seemed to have worked, but guess not now FSX doesn't start.

If uninstall FSX and Acceleration, do I also have to uninstall my add-on scenery and re-install the whole lot or just install FSX and acceleration and then add the scenery?

blazefox2
September 13th, 2010, 12:46
have you learned your lesson yet?

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 12:47

Thanks for that.

Roger
September 13th, 2010, 12:58

Dear me...a smilie or two might have made that comment less callous!

Sorry to hear of your problem Noddy. I remember when I had the FsX demo installed it interfered with my GW3 install so when I decided to reinstall GW3 last year I made sure it was installed to a different drive to FsX. They coexist quite happily on different drives.

Good luck,

Roger.

kilo delta
September 13th, 2010, 13:04
If uninstall FSX and Acceleration, do I also have to uninstall my add-on scenery and re-install the whole lot or just install FSX and acceleration and then add the scenery?

Yep..that'll work fine.

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 13:07
Cheers Roger,

Any ideas on the addon scenery, do I have to do a complete install again or can just add them once I have installed FSX again via the add scenery?

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 13:10
Sorry didn't see KD comments.

Roger
September 13th, 2010, 13:13
Hi Noddy,
I think the main problem will be with any payware that will require the registry to be updated with an entry to work. Have you considered the FsX repair facility. I've used it once a couple of years ago and it helped me. My FsX install is the same as it was in December 2007...might be a record, lol!

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 13:21
Roger tried that, and it didn't work just kept on getting an error message then close.

Have now taken FSX off the system, and will re-download.

peter12213
September 13th, 2010, 14:29
Mate I know this might sound daft but have you tried a system restore to an earlier point, cannit tell you how many times this has saved my bacon because of undue tinkering and such! Hope you get it sorted soon though!

noddy
September 13th, 2010, 23:27
Now re-installed FSX and Acceleration seems to be fine. Just have to see about the addon scenery as it did do a complete .cfg install and shows all the scenery as before.

Just need to re-install ai carriers.

Snave
September 14th, 2010, 01:33
Now re-installed FSX and Acceleration seems to be fine. Just have to see about the addon scenery as it did do a complete .cfg install and shows all the scenery as before.

Just need to re-install ai carriers.

Just remember, while you still have a `vanilla` installation of FSX BACK IT UP! Having a spare, clean copy has saved me from a reinstall on several occasions, and it's much, much quicker to get things back if you - or an installer - makes a mistake.:salute: