PDA

View Full Version : Honda Jet

LouP
September 12th, 2010, 08:24
So I've always enjoyed the Honda Jet made by Hama in FS9 so I went searching for a FSX version last night. I found some comments as to how nice it was/is but that sp2 and acceleration broke it it. Well I found and installed it and went to try it out. Visually, it is awesome. It was made for FSX with the Garmin G1000s in there. So I am saying what's wrong with this? So I take her for a flight and quickly find out. While taxiing the reversers keep blasting on for no apparent reason and when I take off she's off like a Saturn V, I thnk that if I didn't push the nose down I would have reached orbit. When I land, there was no stopping her and went right off the end of the runway. So I am hoping that somewhere this a fix to this mess as the visual model really deserves a good flight model.

Bueller?....anyone?.... Bueller.

LouP

falcon409
September 12th, 2010, 08:47
It sounds as though the "autothrottle" is active. I don't have that jet, but I would take a look around thge cockpit (autopilot specifically) and see if there is an "AT" key that's active. If it doesn't have a visible Autopilot, then check the key assignments and see what is mapped to the autothrottle. I don't really think that moving the airplane from FS9 to FSX would change the FDE at all. . .unless someone who didn't know what they were doing has "tweaked" the FDE to their personal liking and then repackaged it for download.:salute:

Lionheart
September 12th, 2010, 09:20
Also, see if its fully laden or empty except the pilot. If so, it will take off quick and climb quick. Putting in people and cargo weights will increase the realism.

Saitek joysticks and joysticks that have a neutral zone with thrust reversers arent working right with FS. With turboprops, it will fly the aircraft forward in startup, but works fine otherwise. This might be something similar, a joystick issue.

Some new performance executive planes (like the PC-12) cannot be taken off with full throttle. They actually use perhaps 50% throttle. They are terribly overpowered and require a throttle computer to keep from ripping the engine mounts loose, (literally and honestly).

The extreme nose up effect is when you surpass cruising speed and being trimmed for take-off. With a high performance plane, you will need to jump right on the trim and immediately start down trimming as you increase your speed. Fast turbocharge prop singles are like this, that cruise at say 180 to 250 knots. They will nose up moderately, so I suppose the little Honda jet would also.

Thats my input from what I think you 'might' be getting. I could be wrong. I havent flown it.

Bill