PDA

View Full Version : FSX newbie

timbo2410
September 12th, 2010, 07:28
Hi all, I'm more used to CFS3 and have just had a friend install FSX on my computer. I've not done anything to it apart from doing an update and downloading a F-16. I've noticed that there are some notes in the download area about having "acceleration" ... is this an addon and if so is it freeware and downloadable somewhere? Any help would be appreciated ... oh and feel free to say what is a MUST in the download sections :jump:

falcon409
September 12th, 2010, 08:51
Hi all, I'm more used to CFS3 and have just had a friend install FSX on my computer. I've not done anything to it apart from doing an update and downloading a F-16. I've noticed that there are some notes in the download area about having "acceleration" ... is this an addon and if so is it freeware and downloadable somewhere? Any help would be appreciated ... oh and feel free to say what is a MUST in the download sections :jump:

I won't say Acceleration is a "must", but after the base FSX was released there were two additional updates (free) Service Pak 1 and Service Pak 2. . .and one major upgrade which we know as Acceleration (which includes SP2). If you can afford to get the Acceleration update. . .by all means get it, there were many improvements over the base FSX and SP2 is a must in order to use many of the newer payware addons.:salute:

Cirrus N210MS
September 12th, 2010, 09:23
welcome to FSX

timbo2410
September 12th, 2010, 09:34
thanks :salute: FSX is a bit different from CFS3 isn't it. I'll start having a look around the local shops for acceleration. I see there is supposed to be a weapons enable addon as well :jump:

heywooood
September 12th, 2010, 10:11
you can and should in the meantime, download for free SP1 and SP2 - you might only need SP2 as I do not remember if it can be installed over RTM FSX...but go to fsinsider.com and you can see for yourself.

the service packs improve FSX overall and you will see smother performance regardless of the relative strength of your PC

also - you will want to look at some fsx.cfg tweaks on this board - a couple of them are vital

timbo2410
September 12th, 2010, 11:59
I've got sp1 installed already ... I'll try and update as much as I can ... :salute:

falcon409
September 12th, 2010, 14:42
I've got sp1 installed already ... I'll try and update as much as I can ... :salute:
Installing the SP2 update is imperative. . .without it you are greatly limited in what addons will work. Now if you decide in the interim to buy Accel., then installing SP2 isn't a big deal since it is integrated into the Acceleration Package. Just depends on how quickly you make a decision and how much if anything you want to spend to get Accel.

Cirrus N210MS
September 12th, 2010, 17:30
fsx is fun though you may find alot of addons most of the best onces are payware such as the Lotus L-39 or the Iris F-16 though there is a Truck Loads of freeware addons which are just sweet the onces by Piglet are really Good!

plus loads and loads of repaints from users Here at SOH

and Lots of airport addons aswell

mrogers
September 12th, 2010, 19:25
Hi Timbo, welcome to FSX, I'm a bit new to it as well. Be sure to install FSx and acceleration plus the service packs in the proper order....
1)FSX
2)service pack 1
3)service pack 2 (needed for some addons to work in FSX)
4)Acceleration (not absolutely neccesary, but it has extra aircraft, etc,and has some features that some addons would use, get it if you want to and can afford to))

my advice would be to install the lot for any future aircraft and scenery addons etc that will use the full features of SP2 and Acceleration.

Snave
September 13th, 2010, 01:32

If you're `friend` has installed HIS software onto YOUR computer you are now a pirate. Buy your own copy, and get the all-in-one package that is the currently-available product - FSX Gold. This includes Acceleration.

Then we can talk.

Sorry, but we take a VERY dim view of software piracy here.

kdl
September 13th, 2010, 01:56
timbo2410 didn't say with any word that the FSX software installation on his computer was from the copy his friend owns.
You're answer is something you read between the lines.

Dieter

Snave
September 13th, 2010, 02:53
timbo2410 didn't say with any word that the FSX software installation on his computer was from the copy his friend owns.
You're answer is something you read between the lines.

Dieter

Then let him state with certainty, and then I will help.

If others wish to accord the benefit of the doubt, that's down to them.

I don't.

falcon409
September 13th, 2010, 04:16
Snave, you are a piece of work man, you just exude negativity, lol. Hell, let's get this over with so we can move on shall we? I doubt he needs any more help either as we have all posted over and over again what he needs to do. If he hasn't figured it out by now. . .

Timbo2410, the FSX program that your "friend" loaded for you on your computer. . .is it his copy or did you purchase it and have him load it for you? If it's his copy, you have two choices. . . .remove it and buy your own so your not in the position of using a pirated copy. . .or if you continue to use it, understand that we will give you no further assistance.

If it is, in fact, your own copy, then you have all the information you need from the posts already made by myself and others to get you started and if you run into any roadblocks along the way, feel free to ask questions.

There, how's that snave?

Snave
September 13th, 2010, 04:54
Snave, you are a piece of work man, you just exude negativity, lol. Hell, let's get this over with so we can move on shall we? I doubt he needs any more help either as we have all posted over and over again what he needs to do. If he hasn't figured it out by now. . .

Timbo2410, the FSX program that your "friend" loaded for you on your computer. . .is it his copy or did you purchase it and have him load it for you? If it's his copy, you have two choices. . . .remove it and buy your own so your not in the position of using a pirated copy. . .or if you continue to use it, understand that we will give you no further assistance.

If it is, in fact, your own copy, then you have all the information you need from the posts already made by myself and others to get you started and if you run into any roadblocks along the way, feel free to ask questions.

There, how's that snave?

Sufficiently negative. I use brevity, you use verbosity, but we arrive at the same point regarding pirates.

timbo2410
September 13th, 2010, 08:35
What's will all the assumptions ??? For gods sake I've been a member on the CFS3 forums for years without this sort of accusation ... for those that really MUST need to know or who really need to be pius, then I shall give you a short answer ... My mate installed the game for me as a suprise as HE had finished with it and didn't want it any more ... SATISFIED!!! For those of you who offered up hints and suggestions, I thank you very much it is much appreciated, for those of you with a more GOD like nature, get a life!

Oh, I forgot to mention, the game is NO longer in his hands it is in mine ....

IanHenry
September 13th, 2010, 08:56
Welcome Timbo maybe you caught some members on a bad day,
I think you will find if you install Acceleration you won't need SP1 because it’s included in there.
Regards,
Ian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

timbo2410
September 13th, 2010, 09:02
Thanks for the heads up. Boy oh boy what an introduction ... I gotta say I have just about every addon for CFS3 and all of them have been bought with my own hard earned cash .... I don't blame people for asking but ask not suddenly denounce first and ask after. I'm knew to FSX as I said so I don't have a clue what's good, what's bad and what's available. That's why I asked on the forum. 99.9% of the time people are more than willing to help out .... and then there is the 0.1%:a1310:
but lets not dwell on that eh :ernae:

Snave
September 13th, 2010, 11:45
What's will all the assumptions ??? For gods sake I've been a member on the CFS3 forums for years without this sort of accusation ... for those that really MUST need to know or who really need to be pius, then I shall give you a short answer ... My mate installed the game for me as a suprise as HE had finished with it and didn't want it any more ... SATISFIED!!! For those of you who offered up hints and suggestions, I thank you very much it is much appreciated, for those of you with a more GOD like nature, get a life!

...Then you really should read the EULA. You have illegal use of the software.

It's not my rules, it's Microsoft.

And when you clicked on the acceptance button on installation you agreed to abide by them. Clearly you didn't read them first. Last time I looked, ignorance of the law was no excuse.

Buy your own copy, or read the EULA...

I have no interest in your possession or experience of CFS3. THIS is the FSX forum, and YOU are a pirate.

I look forward to helping legitimate users and hope you will become one.

Bjoern
September 13th, 2010, 13:11

I really shouldn't tell you about the hundreds of owners of a legitimate copy of FSX using a "no activation" fix...your "lawful to the death citizen" glands would explode!

One copy, one user. I don't see the problem.

I got my version of FSX as a christmas present from my parents. Clearly I am a pirate because they bought it and I'm using it...

flyer01
September 13th, 2010, 16:06

I'm knew to FSX also. As you I have been flying CFS3 and the Expansion's and still do.
I see no problem with someone giving you a gift of FSX and you loading the sim.
I take your word for that.
As I take the word of all the others on here on how thy got there copy.
Stay with it and start making some add-on's. Really good freeware would be super. :ernae:

flyer01

Roger
September 13th, 2010, 16:29
Occasionally I am embarassed to be English. In England people are usually presumed innocent until proven guilty. Such Englishmen who disagree should withdraw until they have a bona fide case or just find someone else to bother...

heywooood
September 13th, 2010, 16:53
yeah some of this is just over the top....

I am against cracking codes and d/ling blatantly pirated software from known p/s torrent sites

but seriously - benefit of the doubt is still the civilized rule - even in an uncivilized world.

mmann
September 13th, 2010, 16:54
Well Timbo, at least you got everyone's attention!! I post about a freeware scenery and I didn't get even a quarter of the replies that you did! On the other hand I am not sure I would appreciate the sentiment expressed. Welcome to SOH by the way and I would recommend Acceleration if you intend to takeoff and land on aircraft carriers.

PRB
September 13th, 2010, 18:57
timbo, welcome to the FSX forum! My two cents, if the sim is (essentially) a gift to you, I don't see a problem. To be honest, with your opening post, a tiny alarm bell went off in my head as well, for the reason expressed by snave. I guessed it wouldn't be too long before somebody brought it up... Your answer is reasonable. I hope you like FSX. It gets some bad press, but it has it's moments! :icon_lol:

Tom Clayton
September 13th, 2010, 19:21
This is from the FS9 EULA:

Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades and this EULA) and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

While the EULA in FSX does not contain the same express transfer of license language, it does contain language in the warranty that implies that the same sort of permanent transfer is allowed:

TERM OF WARRANTY; WARRANTY RECIPIENT; LENGTH OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES. The limited warranty covers the software for one year after acquired by the first user. If you receive supplements, updates, or replacement software during that year, they will be covered for the remainder of the warranty or 30 days, whichever is longer. If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient.

falcon409
September 13th, 2010, 20:41
I've never read that, but that clears up the question, if there ever should have been one to begin with, of whether or not timbo was in the clear with his "re-gifted" copy of FSX, lol.

Willy
September 13th, 2010, 20:41
I'm thinking that a public apology is in order here. When you accuse someone of something heinous and are proven wrong, then it's the least you can do to make things right. Especially when done in public.

Welcome to the forum timbo!

timbo2410
September 14th, 2010, 06:07
Thank you all for your kind words and support :ernae: I mean where does all this end eh? I certainly had my eyes opened on this forum that's for sure (in more ways than one), I know bugger all about computers and freely admit that, that's why I ask a lot of really dumb questions, but I am still going to ask for hints, tips, suggestions along with commenting when and where I feel the need to. Above all, I will enjoy my flight sims ... after all ..... that's what they were made for weren't they :applause: And I enjoy it all the more with all the upgrades, mods, patches that the members have put together for us all to share:salute:

Oh ... Snave .... It's allright .... I forgive you

Snave
September 14th, 2010, 07:00
I'm thinking that a public apology is in order here. When you accuse someone of something heinous and are proven wrong, then it's the least you can do to make things right. Especially when done in public.

Welcome to the forum timbo!

Never apologise for being right.

Here's the English Language EULA in FULL, just so there is no misconstruing of the FACTS.

MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE EDITION
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
• updates,
• supplements,
• Internet-based services, and
• support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. Instead, return it to the retailer for a refund or credit. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft’s refund policies. See www.microsoft.com/worldwide. In the United States and Canada, call (800) MICROSOFT or see www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below for each license you acquire.
1. OVERVIEW.
a. Software. The software includes desktop application software.
b. License Model. The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Licensed Device. The licensed device is the device on which you use the software. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device. Except where this software is sold with development tools, this software is for entertainment purposes only. Where this software is sold with development tools, it may be used with those development tools as well as for entertainment purposes. In any event, this software cannot be part of an approved training program under the standards of the FAA or any other regulatory agency. Use of this software or any part of it to transfer data to another program not related to this software is prohibited.
b. Third Party Programs. The software contains third party programs. The license terms with those programs apply to your use of them.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Additional Functionality. Microsoft may provide additional functionality for the software. Other license terms and fees may apply.
4. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software including multiplayer play and weather data. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use these services in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means. By using such features or otherwise engaging in Multiplayer Play, you agree that Microsoft or its agents may generate, store and transmit certain information that identifies your computer to other computers for purposes of Multiplayer Play. You also agree that the software may continue to generate, store and transmit such game information as necessary while engaged in Multiplayer Play. You agree that Multiplayer Play is not supervised or otherwise under the control of manufacturer or installer, Microsoft, or their agents. You acknowledge and agree that manufacturer or installer, Microsoft and their agents have no control over or responsibility for your experience while engaged in Multiplayer Play, or any content or other information or data you may create, encounter or receive, including chat, while you are engaged in Multiplayer Play. You acknowledge and agree that Multiplayer Play may not be consistently available or operate error free, and that Multiplayer Play may be discontinued by Microsoft or its agents at any time without notice to you.
5. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
• make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
• publish the software for others to copy;
• rent, lease or lend the software; or
• use the software for commercial software hosting services.
6. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
7. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
8. TRANSFER TO ANOTHER DEVICE. You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license between devices.
9. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
10. SUPPORT SERVICES. Microsoft provides support services for the software as described at www.support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement (including the warranty below), and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
12. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
13. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to the amount you paid for the software. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
• anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
• claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if
• repair, replacement or a refund for the software does not fully compensate you for any losses; or
• Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. They also may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
************************************************** ************************************
LIMITED WARRANTY
A. LIMITED WARRANTY. If you follow the instructions, the software will perform substantially as described in the Microsoft materials that you receive in or with the software.
B. TERM OF WARRANTY; WARRANTY RECIPIENT; LENGTH OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES. The limited warranty covers the software for one year after acquired by the first user. If you receive supplements, updates, or replacement software during that year, they will be covered for the remainder of the warranty or 30 days, whichever is longer. If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient.
To the extent permitted by law, any implied warranties, guarantees or conditions last only during the term of the limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so these limitations may not apply to you. They also might not apply to you because some countries may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty, guarantee or condition lasts.
C. EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty does not cover problems caused by your acts (or failures to act), the acts of others, or events beyond Microsoft’s reasonable control.
D. REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. Microsoft will repair or replace the software at no charge. If Microsoft cannot repair or replace it, Microsoft will refund the amount shown on your receipt for the software. It will also repair or replace supplements, updates and replacement software at no charge. If Microsoft cannot repair or replace them, it will refund the amount you paid for them, if any. You must uninstall the software and return any media and other associated materials to Microsoft with proof of purchase to obtain a refund. These are your only remedies for breach of the limited warranty.
E. CONSUMER RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws, which this agreement cannot change.
F. WARRANTY PROCEDURES. You need proof of purchase for warranty service.
1. United States and Canada. For warranty service or information about how to obtain a refund for software acquired in the United States and Canada, contact Microsoft at
• (800) MICROSOFT;
• Microsoft Customer Service and Support, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399; or
• visit www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.
2. Europe, Middle East and Africa. If you acquired the software in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited makes this limited warranty. To make a claim under this warranty, you should contact either
• Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Customer Care Centre, Atrium Building Block B, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland; or
• the Microsoft affiliate serving your country (see www.microsoft.com/worldwide).
3. Outside United States, Canada, Europe, Middle East and Africa. If you acquired the software outside the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, contact the Microsoft affiliate serving your country (see www.microsoft.com/worldwide).
G. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. The limited warranty is the only direct warranty from Microsoft. Microsoft gives no other express warranties, guarantees or conditions. Where allowed by your local laws, Microsoft excludes implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. If your local laws give you any implied warranties, guarantees or conditions, despite this exclusion, your remedies are described in the Remedy for Breach of Warranty clause above, to the extent permitted by your local laws.
H. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. The Limitation on and Exclusion of Damages clause above applies to breaches of this limited warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. You may also have other rights which vary from country to country.

Simply put, if our posters `friend` has ever activated his copy of the simulator, then passing it either in the form of `lend` defies the EULA.

QED.

He may NOT transfer it another computer for anothers use. Expressly and clearly stated, I find. Only criminals and morons would attempt to argue the point.

Equally obviously the stupid attempt at swervery noted above - buying it as a gift for someone else - is SPECIFICALLY covered by the EULA as the purchaser need NOT be the activator... As the criterion under which transfer is permitted is not overtly stated in the EULA, you would require to take formal guidance from Microsoft - not here - as to whether you have a legitimate copy of the software or not.

At this point, you don't. FACT.

So Timbo, no need to thank me for highlighting your contravention. Something you should have noted when you read the EULA prior to accepting its license terms.

mmann
September 14th, 2010, 07:21
This part of the EULA is interesting "If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient." The part I love is "You may not • work around any technical limitations in the software;". I guess no addons are allowed.

SkippyBing
September 14th, 2010, 07:33

It doesn't say you can't give it to someone though and as noted

"If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient."

Implies the software can be transferred to a recipient, by the first user.

From that you can construe that if the first user removes the software from their computer they can give, or indeed sell it, to a recipient. There are after all a number of companies trading in second hand games, presumably their business model isn't illegal or someone would have done something.

Of course you can always drive a truck through the EULA with this bit

13. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.

flyer01
September 14th, 2010, 07:55
5. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
• make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
• publish the software for others to copy;

His friend gave him FSX as a gift.

He did not-----publish the software for others to copy;

"My mate installed the game for me as a suprise as HE had finished with it and didn't want it any more ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liq_wYFkMoU&feature=related

Henry
September 14th, 2010, 08:12
This conversation could and has gone on for years
i have many flight sim cd's cfs1, cfs2, fs98, fs2000 etc etc
that i do not use, is it legal to give them away
or do i burn them?
so i suggest that we get back on topic and be helpful
Thanks
H

timbo2410
September 14th, 2010, 09:35
Snave could you point out the area that you think I have <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->contravenedand so that I can pull your arguement apart

falcon409
September 14th, 2010, 09:38
Yep, I agree Henry, despite the fact that I'm a "moron", I still think that forcing a point when it isn't there just to be "right" is unnecessary and folks like that should just go away. Timbo, enjoy your gift and welcome to FSX!!:salute:

timbo2410
September 14th, 2010, 10:43
Thanks for the comments everybody, I was going to point out to snave that nowhere in the EULA does it refer to me not being able to use this legitimate copy of FSX. It is fine to quote a EULA but they must be taken in context and not just use them to have a rant. Also, the EULA is a very broad statement, it does not cover this very case and as others have pointed out, no breach of the EULA has been made anyway. Oh and the appology I refered to snave, was not for being wrong about the facts, but it was purely for poor form on your behalf. I go now to have a quick flight :salute: