September 10th, 2010, 19:08
http://staggerwingrestoration.blogspot.com/

heywooood
September 10th, 2010, 19:55
SORELY missed in FSX

what a Cadillac - Thanks for finding and sharing that site - beauty

falcon409
September 10th, 2010, 19:55
Oh man, that brings back some mixed memories for me. I spent 3 years laboring over a Staggerwing, rebuilding it from the ground up. All new wood, nothing from the original airplane was used (except the frame). The wings and the horizontal stab were the toughest and yet when they were finished, the boss would bring folks into the hangar to ooh and ahh over it, lol. I was pretty proud of it, especially since I had never worked on anything but military fighters. Thanks for posting. . .great stuff and I can tell ya what sweat and tears went into every glue joint and laminated part on that baby, lol.

pilottj
September 10th, 2010, 20:29
My avatar would give her left antenna and also a left peice of my anatomy for a 'accusim'ish G17S model :)

http://www.eaa.org/photos/1001/gallery/Biplanes/Beechcraft%20G17S.jpg

heywooood
September 10th, 2010, 20:37
well as...intriguing as that might or might not be....I agree

but I'd settle for a Carenado version..it is a Beech after all - and how nice would it be to have both the V35b and the Staggerwing together in one hall of fame hangar

SADT
September 11th, 2010, 00:43
Soooooooooooo Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Me want! (For FSX)

If carenados new HD series continues, then I would be quite satisfied with a carenado staggerwing.

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 07:05
I should amend that phrase 'settle for' WRT Carenado....

I would actually prefer the Staggerwing be developed by Carenado as I can then be certain that it will be beautifully done AND it will fly smoothly on my rig.

Other brands are, for me, a gamble

I will say that the Addictive Simulations Pitts has been a pleasant surprise and they packed a lot of detail into her...so if they are listening - an Addictive Staggerwing would be cool

OleBoy
September 11th, 2010, 07:17
+1 heywoood.
.....A project like this could be total obliteration if not researched. I wouldn't want to see a competition in development as it would put a calibre of model like this to shame.

BTW, Carenado would be a great candidate. But don't they model Cessna only?

aircav1970
September 11th, 2010, 08:31
+1 heywoood.
.....A project like this could be total obliteration if not researched. I wouldn't want to see a competition in development as it would put a calibre of model like this to shame.

BTW, Carenado would be a great candidate. But don't they model Cessna only?

Sorry oleboy,but what about the PA28RT Arrow IV= Piper, the T-34 Mentor=Beech.etc:icon_lol:

mal998
September 11th, 2010, 09:15
Now there's a plane I would pay a pretty penny for. I've been hoping for a Beech Staggerwing for a long time. Maybe some forward-thinking developer will bring it to life in FSX. We can only hope.

BTW...Great website, thanks OleBoy.

heywooood
September 11th, 2010, 09:50
Sorry oleboy,but what about the PA28RT Arrow IV= Piper, the T-34 Mentor=Beech.etc:icon_lol:

Piper Seneca, Beech V33 and soon V35b...etc...

pilottj
September 11th, 2010, 10:09
the main reason I would suggest A2A for this one is their experience with 'classic' aircraft, they seem to have a knack for getting the 'aged' atmosphere right. Might be a nice GA followup to their Cub. THats not saying Carenado or anyone else wouldn't do a fine job, I have no doubt they would but I agree with Oleboy that this is the kind of project that needs to be done carefully and no need to rush. But whoever makes it I would jump on it :) And while I really am on the G model bandwagon, I would happily take a D model too :)

Cheers
TJ

OleBoy
September 11th, 2010, 10:26
So posting this was a good thing after all. Laughing, as you can see I'm not up to snuff who designs what. Way too much for me to absorb like a lot of you here. I just go with the flow until I find something that really sparks my interests. Like this one really caught my attention.

A2A has my vote. I'd buy it up lickity split!!

falcon409
September 11th, 2010, 10:57
Yep, ya did good OleBoy, these airplanes were the "bomb", so-to-speak, of their time and it would be great to have a detailed Staggerwing to roll out of my hangar for an early morning flight.:salute:

OleBoy
November 24th, 2010, 07:04
Figured I would nudge this. I can dream can't I?
:bump:

warchild
November 24th, 2010, 08:18
Wellllll, I'm still flyin the old Sim-Tech version of this, and it barely resembles the plane in the pic, so yeah.. I'd love to see a new model for FSX..

Gibbage
November 24th, 2010, 11:05
I personally would LOVE to do a Staggerwing, but my full time job has me way too busy to take on a project like this.

Thoe6969
November 24th, 2010, 12:53
Wellllll, I'm still flyin the old Sim-Tech version of this, and it barely resembles the plane in the pic, so yeah.. I'd love to see a new model for FSX.. I used to fly her in FSX sp1,does it work in acc sp2?,the usual problems?

warchild
November 24th, 2010, 14:18
:D

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-24_15-14-3-167.jpg

heywooood
November 24th, 2010, 15:13
that doesn't look awful - Ms. WArchild, is that screen from FSX?

if it is FSX - can you tell me what files I need?

warchild
November 24th, 2010, 15:58
Hi Heywood :0 ..
Yup. Thats FSX.. And you can find the file, already modified for fsx here on this page. http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=61&page=12 . i apologize that that particular livery isnt included. thats one i did for a friend way back when he and i ran a VA ( was our company plane :;chuckles::

heywooood
November 24th, 2010, 19:23
thanks for the info...I'll go take a look at it...cool

modelr
November 24th, 2010, 20:33
Yes, I would love a new model of the Staggerwing. The G model is my preference, also, but I would take any one. Carenado or A2A.

I've had the Sim-Tech one since it came out, but the wingtips are so wrong it totally ruins the external visuals. They are upside down! It looks like a poor caricature.

Look at these wingtips...

icarus
November 24th, 2010, 22:20
SORELY missed in FSX

we have maked one, it just needs more testing for flying but it's pratically ready native fsx sdk, 30/fps on an old 2.8 single processor(tested on three computers single, duo and quad processor...damn fsx doesnt works on the new galaxy tab) i am not adding screenshots because needs my texture touch and if before i will not release the grumman duck someone here will be kill me lol

after a long pause we are making a restart so all our ten fsx native sdk aircrafts ready will be out in the next two-three months

OleBoy
November 25th, 2010, 01:03
Yes, I would love a new model of the Staggerwing. The G model is my preference, also, but I would take any one. Carenado or A2A.

I've had the Sim-Tech one since it came out, but the wingtips are so wrong it totally ruins the external visuals. They are upside down! It looks like a poor caricature.

Look at these wingtips...

That's a beauty of a bipe you got you got there modelr. Is the kit glass or stick built? Who's the manufacturer? What's the powerplant? G3000 or? Retract equipped, if so, mechanical or air? That looks nice! Is it built to scale or fun flying?

Sorry for all the questions. I sure miss the hobby as you can tell. I've got kits that can't be got anymore I been away from it so long.

thunder100
November 25th, 2010, 02:26
:D

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-24_15-14-3-167.jpg
Hi

Where do I eventaully get this paint?

thanks

Roland

modelr
November 25th, 2010, 04:12
we have maked one, it just needs more testing for flying but it's pratically ready native fsx sdk, 30/fps on an old 2.8 single processor(tested on three computers single, duo and quad processor...damn fsx doesnt works on the new galaxy tab) i am not adding screenshots because needs my texture touch and if before i will not release the grumman duck someone here will be kill me lol

after a long pause we are making a restart so all our ten fsx native sdk aircrafts ready will be out in the next two-three months

Will definitely be looking forward to your Staggerwing, and the Duck, Icarus. :applause::jump:

modelr
November 25th, 2010, 04:28
That's a beauty of a bipe you got you got there modelr. Is the kit glass or stick built? Who's the manufacturer? What's the powerplant? G3000 or? Retract equipped, if so, mechanical or air? That looks nice! Is it built to scale or fun flying?

Sorry for all the questions. I sure miss the hobby as you can tell. I've got kits that can't be got anymore I been away from it so long.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but since it is yours, OleBoy...

The kit was by Top Flight, (just discontinued this year) 'glass fuse, ARF kit, Robart air retracts, full scale outline, built to fun fly. When the pic was taken, 5 yrs ago, it was powered by an OS FT-160 Flat Twin 1.60ci four stroke. I didn't like it, underpowered. Stalled & crashed on takeoff on a to-hot day. When I rebuilt it, (new wings, all 4) I converted it to electric power. Now, it's got power! At 21 lbs, it will go almost straight up. It has been radar clocked at over 95mph! It flies fantastic, but I have to be real careful not to let it get to slow on landing, as it will tip stall, violently.

A lot more pics showing build, crash damage and repair, and conversion to electric here http://public.fotki.com/modelrdh/radio-control/top-flight-beech-st/

My current fleet
24166 ALL of those planes are electric powered. I fly them at the same time the guys with nitro/gas engines are up, and fly right with them. Usually mine are the faster planes. Flight times are within 1-2 min of the fuel powered ones. And no oily mess to clean up!

OleBoy
November 25th, 2010, 07:57
Regarding hijacking the thread. OOPS!! I won't reply OT again. But I will have a look at all teh neat toys you have