PDA

View Full Version : Credit crunch bites at home.

Buddha13
September 30th, 2008, 14:56
Hi all,
Well for my family the credit crunch has finally bitten.My wife was made redundant today.Looks like it is going to be a lean time here at home.

Buddha13

jmig
September 30th, 2008, 15:23
I am sorry to hear of your wife's job lost. I won't cheapen your lost with platitudes. However, I will suggest you and your wife look to what can happen that will be good.

Ten years ago, I was laid off. Today, I am the senior partner in a small company I started after losing my job. I am happier, love what I am doing and make more money.

Keep the faith and try to use this time to find what she wants to do and can do. It will work out.

viking3
September 30th, 2008, 16:57
Sorry to hear about your situation.:banghead: The only consolation maybe that with less vehicle use and savings that can occur when one has more time to slow cook wholesome but cheaper meals and take on more do it yourself chores, you would be surprised at how much less you can get by on. It's a lot harder with kids in the house, because they don't want to be uncool, but it can be done. I have been off work for 2 1/2 years on a disability claim and have had to make the said adjustments. I used to spend a heck of a lot of time and money just to get to work and back.
So best of luck, and remember there may be small blessings in what looks like misfortune.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

Henry
September 30th, 2008, 17:06
So far every time i have lost employment
i ended up better off i just considered myself lucky
we are in troubled times but who knows what comes next
its scary but always keep the glass half full and not half empty
it works
H

Snuffy
October 1st, 2008, 03:27
Y'all keep yer heads up ... :wavey:

hey_moe
October 1st, 2008, 08:24
It's tuff to loose a job in this day and time....we are here for ya if needed.

Buddha13
October 1st, 2008, 11:08
Hi all,
Thanks for the encouragement.problem for my wife is she is a property lawyer.Dealing with house sales.House sales have bombed in the UK.It was a good job.Not hughly well paid,But she liked it.At 55 though it is going to be tough to get as good a job as she had.
Thanks again for the support.

Buddha13

Kofschip
October 1st, 2008, 15:11
Buddha, I am sorry to hear what happened to your wife. I have been there too and it is not easy. The only thing that I can recommend: Network, Network, Network and then some more Network. Good luck to your wife and you. By the way, my retirement funds have tanked about 25% since a year ago.:banghead::censored::banghead::censored: