PDA

View Full Version : Advice re a PC display fault

Naismith
September 6th, 2010, 23:52
I am fixing my daughters PC. It is an XP Pro 32 bit, and runs painfully slowly, which I can fix no problem, however she thought her flat screen was going faulty (pixels blown), however when I attach it up to my monitor I can see about 20 or 30 sparkling pixels (they brighten and dim) of varying colours (mainly bright blue and yellow) and always in the same location on screen. This occurs from the moment of boot up. Not so visible once Win runs but they are still there.
I have swapped out the memory and tried another video card and it is still there. Any ideas? The MB is about 4 years old of an Intel variety (no documentation of course).
TIA.

stansdds
September 7th, 2010, 09:23
Sounds like some pixels are stuck. There have been various techniques of massaging the screen over the stuck pixels in order to restore them to function. It might work, it might not.

Naismith
September 7th, 2010, 22:35
Sounds like some pixels are stuck. There have been various techniques of massaging the screen over the stuck pixels in order to restore them to function. It might work, it might not.

Two different monitors, same pixels.

stansdds
September 8th, 2010, 01:56
Oops, I misread the post. I thought you meant you tried the same monitor on two different computers.

Two different monitors and both have issues would indicate a failing video card.

hey_moe
September 9th, 2010, 02:12
What happens when you connect her monitor to your pooter.