PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the mouse to pan round in VC?

mrogers
September 6th, 2010, 20:10
Is there an utility available somewhere for FSX that will make it possible for me to use my mouse to pan around the VC and "walk around" in the virtual cabin as well? (smiliar to Active Camera for FS9) Thanks in advance....

Meshman
September 6th, 2010, 20:19
Shift-O (letter) turns on or off the mouse pan. As far as walking through a cabin? I keep my butt in the seat at all times with the way I fly, autopilot or no autopilot!

I've set up the joystick to allow one of the buttons to toggle the mouse pan.

mrogers
September 6th, 2010, 20:32
Thanks Meshman, I didn't know it could be toggled in FSX....I'm a bit new to FSX, as for walking around the cabin I like to look around the virtual cabin if its there!

robcap
September 6th, 2010, 20:46
as for walking around the cabin I like to look around the virtual cabin if its there!In that case you can use the same commands as in FS9: shift-enter/shift backspace, ctrl-enter/ctrl-backspace and shift-ctrl-enter/shift-ctrl-backspace, will get you around the cabin, but the movement is not limited, to a certain distance from the ooriginal view point setting, like in FS9. No idea if it can be done with the mouse as well.

@Meshman, I'll try that too. I used the space bar to do that, but you need to keep it depressed, which is anoying when you want to do other things as well.
BTW, shift-space brings you back to the original view setting (and keeps your current zoom setting)

R.

mrogers
September 7th, 2010, 00:14
Its actually quite a neat feature, I tried what Meshman suggested and it works, I can use the spacebar to turn it off quickly. It works in passenger view as well!
Thanks robcap, thee old FS9 commands for shifting the eyepoint up or down, back and forth, etc, all work good, but I was really looking for something similiar to Active Camera, so that I can "walk" up and down an aisle just to explore the interior.

Meshman
September 7th, 2010, 07:12
The mouse pan also works when you're outside the plane, using the F11 key. Doing scenery based work I spend a lot of time "outside" looking at things and the mouse pan makes it easy.

Snave
September 7th, 2010, 09:20
The mouse pan also works when you're outside the plane, using the F11 key. Doing scenery based work I spend a lot of time "outside" looking at things and the mouse pan makes it easy.

Not only that, you can briefly select mouse panning with the spacebar only, then moving the mouse while holding it down. As soon as you release the spacebar the mouse cursor reverts.

This works in both internal and external views!