PDA

View Full Version : What's that stutter

LouP
September 6th, 2010, 17:58
So this new machine is actualy awesome. I am getting FSX to run at around 35 fps with everything turned up. The only hitch is that right before ATC has anything to say, I sometimes get a little hicup. I never had that in FS9 and it seems like an odd place to get a little stutter as it doesn't seem to be graphics related.

I was thinking of trying to force some of these add-ons (like rxp gns) to run on another core to see if that helps but this multi core stuff is so new to me, I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks,
LouP

Oh btw:
Alienware Area 51 w. i7 930 @ 3.3 ghz
6 Mb RAM
Soundblaster Titanium
GTX 480 w. 1.5 gig mem
Hard drive space - way to much

AckAck
September 6th, 2010, 18:47
Oh btw:
Alienware Area 51 w. i7 930 @ 3.3 ghz
6 Mb RAM
Soundblaster Titanium
GTX 480 w. 1.5 gig mem
Hard drive space - way to much

I can't help, but that last line is actually not possible... :icon_lol:

Brian

MenendezDiego
September 6th, 2010, 19:07
Fly with the menu bar.

When starting a flight, hit alt, and the stutters should stop

PRB
September 6th, 2010, 19:50
Lou, I'm very curious about this, because it's related to a sound. Do you get a similar hiccup when you touch down on the runway? I do, and I've isolated it to the touchdown sounds. It's as if the touchdown sounds are not loaded, and it takes a couple milliseconds to load them. This only happens the first time I touch down. The same thing sometime happens when other transient sounds play, like flap sounds, but again, only the first time they are played.

heywooood
September 6th, 2010, 20:35
..interesting - I have a dual core machine and I also get a stutter when the atc menu opens with tower contact - I stopped using 'flight following' and IFR because of it...but I thought it was related to my onboard sound (no separate sound card) and the fact that I have only 2 cores (3.4)

I also get a lag stutter when I use the V key for screenshots...the obvious screen capture pause, followed by a stutter or two...

I chalked it up to a lightweight rig but you have an up to date machine with a sound card and still get this atc stutter...?

this is interesting too...

MenendezDiego
"Fly with the menu bar.

When starting a flight, hit alt, and the stutters should stop"
..never heard of that before

MenendezDiego
September 6th, 2010, 20:41
yep, if I don't do it I get random stutters

LouP
September 6th, 2010, 21:01
And I've been purposely closing that thing. lmao

And it does seem related to sounds as I also get it when i first touch down. I did not associate that as the same problem until now. WAPITA :a1451:

LouP

P.S. I read how to put the rxp gns series on another core and tested it out in my new 310 and it works marvously. I highly recomend pushing the rxp units to the last core.

peter12213
September 7th, 2010, 08:48
I'm sick of mine stuttering, I've only had this new pc for 2 days so I'm still getting everthing right, but those stutters will be the bane of my life until I do!