PDA

View Full Version : Uploading FYI...New librarian

Rami
September 6th, 2010, 08:47
Good afternoon,

Because I reside primarily in the CFS2 forum, many of you do not know me. At the beginning of September, I was given the responsibility of becoming an Administrator, and placed in charge of the library.

As such, I will be happy to serve you and approve your uploads in a timely manner, provided you adhere to the rules and regulations regarding uploads, which I'm sure you're familiar with. If you have any problems (mislabeled, misplaced, etc) with uploads you have added to the Warbirds Library, these can be fixed fairly easily.

The Warbirds archive, however, is "fixed" and can't be changed or updated.

I am at SOH virtually every day, so I will do my best to make sure that your uploads are taken care of. If you have any problems, please feel free to send me a PM, and I will try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Roger
September 6th, 2010, 09:22
Good luck Rami. It would be good if we could search the new library by author as we can in the archived files. That's the one thing I miss about the old system.

Cheers,

Roger.

falcon409
September 6th, 2010, 10:13
Yep, ditto!!:salute:

Rami
September 6th, 2010, 13:01
Good luck Rami. It would be good if we could search the new library by author as we can in the archived files. That's the one thing I miss about the old system.

Cheers,

Roger.

Roger,

I will ask the question, but cannot make any promises at this point. I will point out that if you go by section through the new library, you can adjust the "Sort By" setting, changing it to "submitter." (Either ascending or descending, meaning A-Z or Z-A)

This will allow you to see all of the uploads that a person has done in a section. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

rohan
September 6th, 2010, 18:03
Click on "Warbird's Library" in the row of buttons at the top of the page

Click on "Add-On's Index" then on "Search Add-Ons Library"

Half way down the page on the right, there is a "Username" field below "Search categories"

You'll have to type the username of the user whose files you're looking for because there is no drop-down list as there is in the Archives. The field is not case sensitive.

Note that you'll only see the first page of files for whichever username you enter - the search system is broken and doesn't generate the correct links for pages other than the first one. I posted about this several months ago, but as usual it was a waste of time telling the admins about a problem with the Library,
Ro

Originally posted in the CFS2 forum,
Ro

Roger
September 6th, 2010, 23:02
Thanks Ro,
But the problem is as you mention that there is no drop down menu of names and remembering how folks spell their handles can be a problem