PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Twins

Rezabrya
September 6th, 2010, 07:52
So with the release of the Milviz 310, I have been thinking I need to buy a GA Twin. I was looking at the realair Duke and the Milviz 310. Anybody have any input as to which one I should pick? Both look very appealing.

Aviator32
September 6th, 2010, 08:04
So with the release of the Milviz 310, I have been thinking I need to buy a GA Twin. I was looking at the realair Duke and the Milviz 310. Anybody have any input as to which one I should pick? Both look very appealing.

The Duke is still a well established classic long after it was released so I would get that first. The 310 was only released today so it's hard to tell if we will hold it in similar esteem in a few years time. Maybe the Duke now and the 310 next payday if the buzz is still good. Having said that the 310 is obviously newer and reflects the needs and wishes of todays demanding simmer so benefits from all that developers have learnt since the Duke was released. Don't know, I'd still get the Duke first I think.

gajit
September 6th, 2010, 08:09
Good advice.

That said I also enjoy the Carenado Seneca, the alphasim Islander and the still excellent ....

http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-digital-aviation-piper-cheyenne-x-download.phtml

Great to have so much choice :jump::jump:

pbearsailor
September 6th, 2010, 08:10
They are both excellent as is Eaglesoft's Twin Commanche. One advantage I see with the C-310 for me is really good framerates on my dual core machine. As much as I like the Duke, it has always struggled with framerate for me.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Aviator32
September 6th, 2010, 08:13
One advantage I see with the C-310 for me is really good framerates on my dual core machine. As much as I like the Duke, it has always struggled with framerate for me.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

As a non 310 owner (yet) that is encouraging to hear! The hit with the Duke is minimal for me but if the 310 is even kinder then that is great news.

falcon409
September 6th, 2010, 08:26
I have the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche and now the Cessna 310. Both have excellent framerate capabilities, beautiful VC's and externals, soundfiles and documentation. Since I purchased the Twin Comanche a long time ago the Duke wasn't of any interest to me as I saw it as just another Twin, but the Cessna 310 has always been a favorite and since the Dreamfleet 310 wasn't portable for me, I have been anxiously awaiting this release. I have the only two twins I need now.:salute:

pilottj
September 6th, 2010, 08:32
I have the Duke, its a wonderful bird. I haven't gotten the 310 yet because I already have my high performance twin with the Duke but the 310 looks like a wonderful product. If you already have another RealAir product then you kind of know what standards of quality the Duke is. Between the two I think it is simply a matter of personal preference which ever plane you are fond of as they are both excellent.

Cheers
TJ

clmooring
December 6th, 2010, 19:57
I know I am resurrecting an old forum.

But since the 310 has been out now for a while and there has been at least one update/patch, I was hoping there may more feedback on this product. It looks great, the level of detail looks very good. Initial reports of very good frame rates really get my attention....

Sundog
December 6th, 2010, 20:16
The 310 is an outstanding product. Very accurate, in both the model and FDE. It's one of those planes that, when you fly it, it just feels right. Not that I've ever flown a 310, but considering Ken owns one and helped develop it, I feel quite confident it's accurate.

I don't have the Duke, but it is a nice looking plane.

I do have the Virtavia Islander and I fly it all the time while Island Hopping. :)

I think which ever you choose, you won't go wrong.

pilottj
December 6th, 2010, 20:30
lol yeah my response would be the same in the opposite as Sundog's here except I have the Duke and not the 310 yet :) The Duke is a very fine high performance twin with RealAirs usual goodies. Accurate single engine performance/dynamics, accurate engine mixture leaning proceedures...etc. I don't have any real time in the Duke but I do have some hours in it's sibling the Duchess and am a little familiar with multi engine handling. RealAir's VCs always seemed to really 'flow' for me, ie changing flight regimes as the instruments smoothly changing accordingly.

However, I have no doubt the 310 is a fine product and as Sundog says, you can't go wrong with either pick. One thing to reallly look foward to is RealAirs Turbine Duke which should really be a winner. I would be curious to know how Eaglesoft's Twinstar compares:jump:

Cheers
TJ

padburgess
December 6th, 2010, 23:06
Sorry, but I fail to see the link between the two aircraft mentioned and the stated ask. For my GA twin I have the Aircraft Factory He219, although the Aerosoft Catalina looks awesome as well.

By GA Twin I take you meant Gross Angelegt (Large Scale) Twin didn't you?

LOL
Paul

krazycolin
December 7th, 2010, 00:38
GA refers to General Aviation. The C310R has had 4 patches and is now nearly 100% fixed, There is one issue (sorry Ted) with one user that we have been unable to resolve but seeing as you shouldn't fly with your lights on in the clouds ANYWAY...

We've been waiting for anyone (hint hint) to do a review of our little plane but no takers yet. However, we've had, pretty much, no complaints and lots of compliments! (thanks all!)

(sorry if I am not supposed to "talk" in a thread about the quality of one product vis a vis one of mine...)