PDA

View Full Version : Saw Styx last night!

TomSteber
September 6th, 2010, 07:20
Man, what a great band. They still ROCK! This was my third time seeing them and my wife's fourth time. The show started in the rain (down pour actually)but was down half way thru the show. They played for almost two hours. Of all the classic rock bands still touring, I think their the best bang for the buck.

TomSteber
September 6th, 2010, 07:23
Here's a few more:

TARPSBird
September 6th, 2010, 11:12
You don't know these classic groups are still around until they show up at some venue in your local area. We had Cheap Trick perform at the Tomcat Sunset celebration at NAS Oceana in September 2006, they still sound good.

Trans_23
September 6th, 2010, 17:59
Just had Kansas and Blue Oyster Cult here in New Lenox last Saturday night. I heard it was a great show. Unfortunately I didn't go. I did see Peter Frampton last summer. That was a great show. Best part is I can park at a buddies house and walk to the venue. I saw Styx back in the mid 90's when Dennis DeYoung was still belting out the lyrics. It was the "Return to the Paradise Theater" tour with Kansas as the warm up band.

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2010, 18:13
As a kid who grew up in Chicagoland, I remember them well.....:jump:

hews500d
September 6th, 2010, 18:15
Tom, great pics! Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are going to see them in Salem, VA in October. It'll be our 2nd time, saw them last November in Bristol, VA. with REO Speedwagon and Night Ranger. I'm already looking forward to it!

Darrell

TomSteber
September 7th, 2010, 01:53
Tom, great pics! Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are going to see them in Salem, VA in October. It'll be our 2nd time, saw them last November in Bristol, VA. with REO Speedwagon and Night Ranger. I'm already looking forward to it!

Darrell

Hey Darrell,
They'll be doing their "THE GRAND ILLUSION/PIECES OF EIGHT TOUR" on the date your going to see them. They'll be doing both albums in their entirety. Plus a few other songs I'm sure. They didn't do that when we just saw them, but they played most of their hits including "Lorelei" which they don't do that often.
Have a great time.

Brian_Gladden
September 7th, 2010, 14:52
I saw them a few years ago. REO Speedwagon opened. Awesome show. It started to rain part way through Styx's set. Tommy Shaw jumped into a puddle and started singing "Singing in the rain..."

Cloud9Gal
September 8th, 2010, 14:58
Great pics Tom! Sounds like you had an awesome time!

Thanks for sharing!