PDA

View Full Version : New PC finally!

peter12213
September 6th, 2010, 06:09
Well this is the first thing I've done on my new pc I am now the proud owner of a
AMD quad Core CPU
6Gb Corsair DDr2 800mhz memory
500gb 7200RPM Hard drive
Blu Ray rom lite on
microsoft 7 home Premium64bit
thermaltake armour A90 case
foxconn Destroyer Motherboard
HD sound 5.1 premium
HDMI Port
GT250 1024mb Nvidia graphics card, Havent a clue what the all means but I'm assured it will run fsx to a high level without problems is this the case I know nothing about computers!

strykerpsg
September 6th, 2010, 06:49
Great job on winning the campaign with the wife. Now that Milviz is on baord with the Harrier, may it grace your hard drive sooner than later.

Matt

peter12213
September 6th, 2010, 06:53
Thanks mate! And yeah I'm just reinstalling fsx so should be having a test fight very soon! I forgot how long it takes to install everthing like accel, rex2 and scenery addons etc!:salute:

Daube
September 6th, 2010, 07:49
Don't forget that even with a new and powerfull PC, you wil STILL need to tweak the FSX.cfg carefully, and configure the game options wisely.

gajit
September 6th, 2010, 07:50
Im excited for you - must replace mine when I know i have the patience!!

peter12213
September 6th, 2010, 07:55
Got it for a bargain too, my old pc's graphics card failed and when I took it to the shop I saw this one and asked how much it was the guy said it was 450 I was like thats a bargain! He said he's spent 600 quid alone on the parts but was selling it so cheap because there was just no interest from the locals, to be honest where his shop is aint the highest of tech areas if you know what I mean! But it looks awesome all glowing blue with tubes and allsorts inside plus its got a window on the side so you can see all the fans working and stuff marvelous this technology malarky haha!:wavey: