PDA

View Full Version : 'Brilliant Idea!'

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2010, 05:37
In this "Chase For The Chump"....they should pull Homestead & Kansas off the schedule.....

And add:
-Rockingham
-North Wilkesboro

:jump:

Terry
September 6th, 2010, 07:29
Good idea, if we must have a chase. I wish they would get rid of it as it's unfair to the teams who have built a sizable lead in the first 26 races. I suppose Karl would love it.

Cazzie
September 6th, 2010, 09:40
I could easily live with that and more than likely would attend both events. Going to Richmond this coming weekend and Martinsville in a few weeks. Those mile and a half tracks are too generic and provide little chance for a fan to see them well other than on TV. Any track longer than a mile is too long to see live IMHO.

Speaking of North Wilsboro, I went to a Late-model Sportsman Race there this year, first time I've been to the track since it closed its Busch and Cup venues. It is just such a different layout, totally unique to all of NASCAR's short tracks. Bruton Smith should be tarred and feathered!

Caz

EasyEd
September 6th, 2010, 09:44
Hey All,

I half agree. Take one of those out and put in one or the other of the tracks Panther suggested. Put the other one in earlier in the year. I think that keeps the "balance" of track types more reasonable for the final 10.

I understand what Caz says about short tracks leading to more exciting racing. So I agree with Caz that short track racing is exciting but Cup racing is about racing on all kinds of tracks. That said I agree that the 1.5 mile D shape tracks are overly represented in Cup racing and road racing a bit under represented. I think 4 road races would be about right as I think at the end of the day NASCAR is about turning left on an oval of some kind. The road races are cool and should be included but if that is the kind of racing that "blows up your skirt" go watch some other series - it isn't NASCAR.

This is EasyEd's opinion and nobody else's that I know of. I'd like to see the Cup series on a couple dirt (yes I said dirt) tracks a year. Dirt tracks are so fundamental to the history of NASCAR (the first Daytona 500 was on dirt/pavement - a mix!!) that I think it is a travesty to be leaving them out. I have no idea what tracks would be appropriate today but I'm sure they are out there.

-Ed-

Cazzie
September 6th, 2010, 11:09
Thank you Ed, I agree wholeheartedly on a dirt track, Christ I miss Hillsboro. And one of the Chase for the Chump events (if we have to have them) should be a road course. What do you mean it ain't NASCAR Ed? Road courses have been around in NASCAR since the late 1950s in Riverside, CA. I think The Glen is one of the best race venues to see there is! You can take Sonoma and shove it though, bring that race to VIR, Elkhart Lake or Mid-Ohio.

The only mile and a half oval that should remain is Charlotte, the rest are all generic tracks with the same layout courtesy of Bruton Smith, butt wipe that he is.

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2010, 11:48
I agree with the dirt & road courses being in the "Chase For The Chump!" :jump:

IV8Tc9h9Vc0

eddie
September 6th, 2010, 15:01
ARCA races on dirt, so why not Cup?

http://www.arcaracing.com/news.php?contentid=10052

Cazzie
September 7th, 2010, 03:17
It would absolutely make Smoke's day if NASCAR were to have a dirt race. :icon_lol:

Yep, and ARCA races at The Rock too, with plans to go to North Wilksboro. NASCAR better watch before ARCA steals some regional thunder fans away. I love the ARCA races, they are just as fast and they do not last a night and a day. And hey, they wreck 'em too. I love racing, but every redneck will tell you, they knew nothing about racing when they went to their first race, they went to see the wrecks.

Caz