PDA

View Full Version : 'Atlanta Cup'

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 15:18
In the pre-race talk, good to hear so many Cup drivers support Mark Martin & talk about how much Martin has mentored them...

redriver6
September 5th, 2010, 17:33
i'd really like to see him win a a championship before he retires...but i don't think its gonna happen.

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 17:42
i'd really like to see him win a a championship before he retires...but i don't think its gonna happen.

Ditto here....
On a side note.....dang....seems like Sadler just can't buy a break.....:frown:

redriver6
September 5th, 2010, 18:04
yep he is havin a run of bad luck..

its just amazing how loose all the cars are...even Smoke who is leading....did you see that shot of his front tires moving left and right?

Jr's audio of him saying he is turning the car to the right in the corners...great stuff..

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 18:21
One of reason's why I like the COT :jump:

redriver6
September 5th, 2010, 18:34
One of reason's why I like the COT :jump:

ya the COT definately requires more driver ability....i like it alot better since they got rid of the wing...but i still think the tires should maybe be a little wider...

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 18:41
On yet another side note,
I really hate "this" Atlanta track.....bring back the "old" one!

redriver6
September 5th, 2010, 18:56
On yet another side note,
I really hate "this" Atlanta track.....bring back the "old" one!

i agree 100 percent..

redriver6
September 5th, 2010, 19:56
side note #3...Kasey Kahne showed his displeasure with Ryan Newman the way it should be done.....he tapped him but didn't spin him all the way around...which he easily could have done..

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 21:44
I must admit it was nice seeing "Smoke" win in the fashion that he did...:ernae:

EasyEd
September 5th, 2010, 22:07
Hey All,

Is the Martin love-in over? :wiggle: Anyway...

side note #3...Kasey Kahne showed his displeasure with Ryan Newman the way it should be done.....he tapped him but didn't spin him all the way around...which he easily could have done..

Yeah no need to be an Edwards or a Montoya... They both kept their noses clean tonight though.

Couple notes:

1) DENNY BLOWS... an engine :bump: Actually a tough break for him. Don't know how Logano made it to the end of the race but he did. Kyle's car ran good the whole race though.

2) Nice win for Tony and good to see them Hendrick engines are reasonably up to snuff after watching the dominance of the Toyota engines and the strong performance of the Ford engines of late. Yes Tony and Ryan Newman and even Reagan Smith all run Hendrick engines.

3) Jimmie got 3rd - coulda/shoulda been better but he kept blowin the restarts especially the last and the pit crew didn't get him out very quick on the last pit stop either. Not sure what was up with Jimmie's restarts but they were poor.

Speakin of the 48 - it looks like they are regaining some form - finally. Makes me wonder if what some people have suspected might be at least a little bit true. The 48's poor performances over the last 3 or so months - were they just because the 48 uses pre-chase races as testing opportunities to get ready for the chase? I'm sure they do to some extent as that would be smart as I've no doubt both Chad and Jimmie are focused on the war (championship) not the battles (races) except I'm sure there are some races they do want to win and didn't. I think next week at Richmond will be telling as it is usually a pretty good track for Jimmie.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2010, 23:34

Still though, I thought it was great seeing Kasey up there jockeying for the lead! :jump:

Cazzie
September 6th, 2010, 03:20
I got peed when Denny's engine went and turned the race off. Glad Smoke won instead of the 48 car, Kyle's speeding penalty and subsequent tire problem cost him. I hate Atlanta, even the old version. Tracks longer than one mile just pose no interest to me, the racing is boring, mainly because there is so little real racing occurring.t drive fast until the tires start going away. That's about the only time one sees a pass after the field gets strung out. I know they stay bunched up at Daytona and Talledega and pass each other one after another using the various draft techniques, but it ain't racing like I grew up with, it's NASCAR political racing.

Caz

stansdds
September 6th, 2010, 04:09
Denny's car was set up with a heck of a powerful engine, too bad all that power evidently was at the expense of reliability, but that's the way it goes. He'll still make the chase.

Nice to see Tony get a win this year. Tony has come a long way in NASCAR, I expect some of the other hot heads will follow in his foot steps.

Mark Martin... nope, he's not going to add a championship trophy to his trophy case. It's just not in the cards, but he has had far more wins and 2nd place championships than most. He's had a great career and has been quite helpful to scores of new drivers. Mark is a great guy, plain and simple.

So the cat is out of the bag as to why the 48 team runs hot and cold during the regular season. Well, Joe Gibbs does the same thing, hence Denny losing an engine last night. The 48 team will be one to watch in the last 11 races, they might pull off the impossible 5 in a row championships.

Jeff Burton... what can you say? From the back to the front. This guy still has talent and the ability to do whatever he wants. Nice to see him finishing in the front these days.