PDA

View Full Version : mosquito planes - eto/cfs3 addons and updates -question tks

loverboy1
September 5th, 2010, 09:11
is there any way to (Performance/Boost settings--mostly speed, thanks if there is a method ...thanks

loverboy1

Led Zeppelin
September 5th, 2010, 10:29
mm, you want cheating? :running:

Open aircraft.cfg and search for power_scalar= in [piston_engine] section.

Then, change value from 1 to something higher, this will give you more power fomr the engines.

ndicki
September 5th, 2010, 11:23
I copied the info from the Spit MkIX aircraft.cfg to give a two-stage Merlin version... Which did exist, although to be certifiable 1%, it'll take a lot more than that! If you want one to really move, but not be realistic historically, copy the info from a Griffon Spitfire...

The bit that starts:
[piston_engine]

loverboy1
September 5th, 2010, 12:06
thanks ...

joshua / lb

Led Zeppelin
September 5th, 2010, 21:33
I copied the info from the Spit MkIX aircraft.cfg to give a two-stage Merlin version... Which did exist, although to be certifiable 1%, it'll take a lot more than that! If you want one to really move, but not be realistic historically, copy the info from a Griffon Spitfire...

The bit that starts:
[piston_engine]
Well, are you sure it's enough to change the engine of an aircraft?

In the air file, there are entries such as:
509: Engine[Per Cyl]/TurboProp Friction Torque vs RPM

541: Engine CHT

542: Engine Radiator Water Temperature

Don't know if they are all the same for radial engines for exemple or if they are specific to each engine type.

NSS
September 5th, 2010, 22:11
Or spend $20 us, and purchase AirWrench where all the parameters are adjustable.

http://www.mudpond.org/AirWrench_main.htm

ndicki
September 6th, 2010, 06:38
Well, are you sure it's enough to change the engine of an aircraft?

In the air file, there are entries such as:
509: Engine[Per Cyl]/TurboProp Friction Torque vs RPM

541: Engine CHT

542: Engine Radiator Water Temperature

Don't know if they are all the same for radial engines for exemple or if they are specific to each engine type.

As I said, it'll take a lot more than that...

BeauBrummie
September 6th, 2010, 06:59
Hi LB,

I'm curious to know why. for the Marks of Mossies we have available to us (legit and not just wannabee standalones) the AVH v.4 FM is a good one. It ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. Agreed that for any MkXI's or PR variants the FM would need boosting, but we haven't go those accurately modelled. However I would like to see any FM for a PRXVI (for Jaycee's PR standalone).

loverboy1
September 6th, 2010, 07:40
i get my arse ripped wide open on the fw190 etc,,,,or alike with huns that are fast .....im trying get some ,,havent adjusted yet was curious if and before i its drives me nuts its the mosquito mission in era 5 there great

BeauBrummie
September 6th, 2010, 09:07
I have read from Pilot accounts that the only time the Mossie FB VI has a speed advantage over the FW190 A-8(?) was at sea level by only 10mph!. On being chased by these on the way home I've managed to keep ahead just but not to gain any appreciable distance until they gave up. But any engine damage and you're toast!