PDA

View Full Version : Gauge help

N2056
September 4th, 2010, 10:16
I need someone out there familiar with how this gauge is supposed to act to explain it to me so that I can crank out the modeled one for the P-61. The Flaps are obvious, but the gear position is not, and I have not found much Googling around all morning. Are those the only flags it uses? When are they visible? Thanks!

hschuit
September 4th, 2010, 10:45
Maybe this helps; the Section 8 F-86E Sabre gear indicator shows green/white stripes when the gear is locked down. When the gear is retracting, the strips in the gauge move from green/white to white and end up as red/white stripes (and vice versa when lowering):

cheers, Henk.

ZEUS67
September 4th, 2010, 10:48
I need someone out there familiar with how this gauge is supposed to act to explain it to me so that I can crank out the modeled one for the P-61. The Flaps are obvious, but the gear position is not, and I have not found much Googling around all morning. Are those the only flags it uses? When are they visible? Thanks!

This is another version of the same gauge. Perhaps it can help you.

daytonite_andy
September 4th, 2010, 10:49
I have a similar gauge dated 1941.

I believe the gauge is in that state when no avionic power is on. Once the avionic power is switched on the flags rotate to display pictures.

In the case of the flaps the picture is of a flap and rotates to display the amount of degrees they are deployed in.

On my gauge the three diagonal flags rotate to display a pictures of the landing gear. It rotates into the downward position when the gear is lowered and rotates back into a horizontal position once the gear is raised. Basically a visual check to see whether all three wheels have deployed properly.

A couple of scans from my gauge flags...:jump: