PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR has stopped working

Murray Cod
November 20th, 2008, 21:00
TrackIR has stopped working for me in FSX. The little green and red lights still turn on for me like they should, but the blue light doesn't come on when I start FSX.

TrackIR works properly for me in CFS3 and IL2, but for some reason the unit is not being co-operative in FSX. I also check the set-up of TrackIR before i start FSX and it is tracking the hat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get TrackIR working again in FSX?

thanks in advance
MC

CBris
November 20th, 2008, 22:09
I still have the "3" hardware but I am on the latest driver - AFAIK 4.1 build 36.

Occasionally I get hangups while flying. Here are some things that I have done:

Complete re-install
Make sure there's no light from behind
Unplug the Trackir and plug it in again so that windows gets reminded "aha! we have a usb thingy here"

The last one is the one which fixes my problems most of the time.

Hope that helps

Bone
November 21st, 2008, 05:42
This happened to me when I installed the new 4.1.36 driver...with one caveat. I'm running two separate versions of FSX (sp1 and Accel) and the sp1 version stopped working just as you said. The Acceleration version still works. I went to the TrackIR forum and they said they have issues with the sp1 version, and gave me a possible fix for the problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Vista users. I tried going back to the old driver, but it's giving me an error when I try to install it.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=33471#Post33471

Bone
November 21st, 2008, 12:10
I managed to get my sp1 working with TrackIR today. It was a pain in the arse, but it worked. I uninstalled my FSX's and the TrackIR driver, then did a defrag. Then I installed the TrackIR 4.1.030FinalB driver, then both versions of FSX.

Murray Cod
November 21st, 2008, 18:13
thanks for the attempts at helping gents but no luck so far. I tried deleting a couple of WinSxS directories as per the NaturalPoint suggestion and then running the "repair' option off the FSX discs, but after that I got a loading error everytime on FSX and consequently am doing a total removal, defrag and reinstall of FSX. FSX now runs but the TrackIR blue light still refuses to come on.:banghead:

Oh well, I'll keep trying a few things and hoping that one day it will go away. Until then it is back to the hat switch to pan around unfortunately.

cheers
MC

CBris
November 21st, 2008, 20:43
Oh dear...

Sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Have you tried re-installing with the very original drivers?

Maybe a setting in BIOS - too many interrupts? I don't really know anymore. Maybe the hardware is broken.