PDA

View Full Version : Request for help with Carenado F33 gps unit

wconkle
September 3rd, 2010, 10:31
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I have the Bonanza installed and while it is quite nice to look at an fly, I cannot seem to get a moving map display on the Garmin. In the nav chapter, there are two pages, both look the same and are the CDI display (think that's what it is called). I looked at the Garmin website and this unit does have a moving map, and from the pictures of the VC on the Carenado website, it looks like it does. I can't really see too well on those photos though.

Can someone verify it does or does not have the moving map? And any suggestion for how to view it would be greatly appreciated. I've clicked every button a thousand times both in the VC view and window view and get the same screens no matter what.

I cannot find any info on the Carenado website.

Thanks!

FAC257
September 3rd, 2010, 10:40
The GPS used in the F33 is the same GNS430 used in the Caravan. To access the moving map page try click on the GPS bezel where it says "Default Nav". That's where the "switch" is located.

It's one of a few GPS items I've noticed are work arounds or non-functional.

FAC

wconkle
September 3rd, 2010, 14:01
Thanks FAC!

I also found that there is an included pdf file that explains that, had I looked for that ahead of asking for help..

Now if I could just get it resized in the pop up mode.... grrr....